• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Drag and Drop Image Sequence into Project

Explorer ,
Jun 03, 2020 Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any way to drag and drop a sequence of images into Premiere (and AME) so that it is interpreted as a sequence rather than individual images?

TOPICS
Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jun 03, 2020 Jun 03, 2020

Drag and drop is a bad habit.

Image sequence (which is like a movie clip) needs to be sequential with simple names such as 0001.jpg, 0002.jpg, 0003.jpg etc.

File/import: Select first image, check image sequence and hit OK.

image sequence.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Jun 03, 2020 Jun 03, 2020

I didn't know it was a bad habit. Our team uses it everyday in other apps like Nuke, 3dsMax, Maya, etc. 

So the answer is, no, there is no way to drag and drop image sequences into projects?

Bold added for emphasis by Mod.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Drag and drop is a bad habit.

Image sequence (which is like a movie clip) needs to be sequential with simple names such as 0001.jpg, 0002.jpg, 0003.jpg etc.

File/import: Select first image, check image sequence and hit OK.

image sequence.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't know it was a bad habit. Our team uses it everyday in other apps like Nuke, 3dsMax, Maya, etc. 

So the answer is, no, there is no way to drag and drop image sequences into projects?

Bold added for emphasis by Mod.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, you need to import so Premiere can stitch the images into one movie file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the clarification. Feature Request!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pat,

Would this Feature Request fulfill your needs?

If so, upvote: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/37009132-allow-batch-image-...

This would be a good one to upvote since "Yenaphe" is now an engineer on the DVA team.

If not, create a new one that suits your needs better. Place the link here and we can all upvote. 

Sorry for the trouble

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That seems to be exactly what I needed. Thank You

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

If this were an editing class I was teaching (I did this for years before I worked at Adobe), I'd say this about dragging items into the Timeline.

IT'S SLOW.

I was also fond saying something like, "Keyboard driven editors get to Miller Time much faster than dragger/dropper slowpokes."

I can elaborate. At length. Let me know if you'd like me to do that. Or...I'll just shutup and return to my corner.

Regards,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the feedback Kevin. As a 3D animator and compositor, I'm all about keyboard shortcuts and Miller Time. This too is one of those time saving things I'm looking for.

When I have 10 folders with renders from 10 locations on the network... Aint nobody got time to navigate through the import dialogue. The folders are right there on my 5th monitor, just drag and drop and we good. One can dream.

Thanks for upvote link, I've done my part. Keep rocking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly. Importing through Import window is much slower, you also can't use things like Recent files or utilities that show latest assets... I would have sworn that AE/Premier HAD this feature before, like holding Opt/Alt when dragging.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2024 Feb 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

100%

There are so many different use cases for sofware that it absolutely ridiculous to suggest some work flow is a bad habit. 

I have a rendered sequence and I want to make video clip to throw in slack/teams ASAP. Drag and drop should be an option. Full stop. 
Even if someone doing professional editing was a keyboard maestro and found drag and drop clumsy _for them_.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines