• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Easy way to move all project files to another drive?

Participant ,
May 30, 2018 May 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I'm working on a project that's giving me unprecedented lag - I'm dealing with the largest files I've ever seen and I'm afraid editing is too slow off of my standard working HD. With that said, I've got enough space on my boot drive which is an SSD - I'm just unsure how to migrate the project files over to the SSD? I feel like its less of a CPU issue and more that the files aren't on an SSD.

Would the good old "copy files to a new location" via the project manager be my best bet? Lastly, after I move the project over to the SSD, is there any way to make new project imports copy over and live on the SSD versus have them stay in their old directory?

Appreciate any thoughts! Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , May 30, 2018 May 30, 2018

- I think if your folder organized just move them to the SSD definitely will feel the difference or use Project manger will help you out to consolidate the project to one location and foler.

- Make sure your Media Cache file pointed to the SSD too.

- Importing old project into new project created on the SSD will not make it faster if your media stayed on the HDD not the SSD.

- Make sure you are using GPU not software only

none of these helping

please post the video specification

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,
May 30, 2018 May 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

- I think if your folder organized just move them to the SSD definitely will feel the difference or use Project manger will help you out to consolidate the project to one location and foler.

- Make sure your Media Cache file pointed to the SSD too.

- Importing old project into new project created on the SSD will not make it faster if your media stayed on the HDD not the SSD.

- Make sure you are using GPU not software only

none of these helping

please post the video specification

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines