• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error connecting to Universe runtime - After the Premiere Pro 22.1.1. update 12/14/2021

Explorer ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought that starting a new, updated thread about this might be smart as it directly relates to the Premiere Pro v 22.1.1 update. 

Basically, as of about 4 hours ago and upon allowing Creative Cloud to install the 22.1.1. update, I am unable to access the Red Giant / Maxon Universe plugin. My experience like I'm sure many others out there is that my Red Giant Universe, now under the Maxon App, was completely up to date and working perfectly as of this afternoon with the previous version of Premiere Pro until I updated through Creative Cloud.

Now, both pre-existing projects with Universe affects applied to the timeline are throwing the  "Error connecting to Universe runtime" code, AND brand new projects are doing the same when trying to apply a Universe effect to a new sequence / clip. Given that, this feels like an Adobe issue to resolve and NOT a Red Giant /Maxon problem. 

Through some trial and error, I concluded that I am able to hold and press the ENTER key to get past the error during program load and actually open a project with Universe effects already applied in the timeline (albeit it without any of them working), which is nice as for a few panicked moments I thought I had completely lost an edited sequence. Still, that does not solve anything. 

I am running Creative Cloud on a windows 10 pro 64 bit system that is incredibly up to date and fairly powerful. Both Creative Cloud Desktop and Maxon App are their most recent versions. Yes, I did try to restart, uninstall and reinstall, to no avail. I would prefer to not roll back to a previous version or moment in time, and instead have this issue addressed. 

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

This has been fixed with today's update for Universe. Please sign into your Maxon App and download the update to Universe! (It'll be 5.1.0 when you update)

More info here: https://maxonvfx.com/3oPJ9Cl

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 186 Replies 186
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nah, it's happening on the Mac as well. Granted I'm still on Mojave 10.6.4 and not Monteray. That being said, it never used to say the message about not finding entry point etc and now it does under Uni 5.1.0, it was just showing universe transitions as black bars, so IDK but I'm just gonna keep using Universe 3 and be happy at least that works lol. - with the updates that break each other's programs.

Moderator note: Please do not use profanity, even if you try to mask it. We have minors reading here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2022 May 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fixed my a$$. Would be nice if I could use the software I paid you for. After downloading a trial version, I purchsed a month subscription. I edited for hours, tweaking settings and adding keyframes only for the rendered product to be glitching out. I have been trying for HOURS to get my license updated with no success. Why is this so difficult?? I lost so much time and went through so much unnecessary aggravation. How about you just give people their license number after they PAY YOU?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 02, 2022 May 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread is on licensing and/or control panel issues with Maxon/RedGiant Universe ... are you talking about that, or Premiere Pro?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Red Giant

Reggie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, have you talked with Maxon Help about this? My RG Universe is running fine, but it can be tricky to get that controller of theirs sorted out.

If @Szalam is available, he's great at this part.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Neil. It's not yet, but I'll try to follow your advice. This has
been an infuriating experience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh yea ... when Maxon started making changes a few months back after buying RedGiant, we had a period of several months where between Maxon changes and Adobe changes, most Universe things wouldn't "authorize" themselves.

That was very ... frustrating. And if you're having that now, it would be good to get help to get you past that.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest version of the Maxon App should be fairly simple vs. the old apps of the past as far as licensing goes. I, like Neil, have not had any issues with it recently. The Red Giant support folks at Maxon should be able to help if something has gone awry that we can't help with here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's now been two full days that I am unable to license the product. In a
desperate attempt to try to fix (after I uninstalled / reinstalled Maxon
and all the separate plugins), I tried to purchase another month. I have
not received a refund, technical support, and still do not have a license
after two days! I got one email from someone saying that we have the tech
support team follow up, which they have not. Over a license!! What's wrong
with providing a license in an email that's worked for years and years
before. At this rate, it would be easier to crack and use pirated software.
Not that I would do that. But it's true. This is unbelievable that I paid
for a product, a very expensive product, and after two full days, I am
unable to use the product, and have not receive any support from Maxon. I
am disgusted with them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, that's painful. Maxon was pretty decent at getting back to me when I've needed, but still it often was a day or two.

With that blip between their creating a new Maxon controller and Adobe making changes, it was over a month that all of us were without Universe. That was long .... it seemed.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They finally got back to me with a more detailed response, all of which I
already tried without success. It's quite maddening.

Reggie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yowza.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines