Exit

error parsing properties list from file in premiere pro cc 2017

New Here ,
Oct 14, 2017 Oct 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Every time I use Premiere Pro I get a warning:

Error parsing properties list from file"Users/**/Documents/Adobe...

I have searched the internet and this forum and the only answer I can find is to uninstall an anti-virus software which is not installed on my computer.

Can anyone tell me what this message means, how I can fix the error or , if not, if I can safely ignore it.

I am working on a MacBook Pro OS 10.12.6 with 8gb memory

Premiere Pro CC 2017 v11.1.2

Thanks

Deborah

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Oct 15, 2017 Oct 15, 2017

I might have solved the problem.

I went to Documents/Adobe/PremierePro/11.0/Profile-dm/ArchivedLayouts

The folder was full of original and alias UserWorkspace.xml files which I deleted.

It has created a new UserWorkspace.xml file but so far no error messages.

It would be great if someone from Adobe could comment on this.

Thanks

Deborah

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2017 Oct 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I might have solved the problem.

I went to Documents/Adobe/PremierePro/11.0/Profile-dm/ArchivedLayouts

The folder was full of original and alias UserWorkspace.xml files which I deleted.

It has created a new UserWorkspace.xml file but so far no error messages.

It would be great if someone from Adobe could comment on this.

Thanks

Deborah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2021 Feb 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You saved my life bro. I googled here and there. I tried everything people said, and adobe said. It didn't work. I delete my program, and reinstall. It didn't work. It seems like only way I can do is jump up from 2019 to 2021 version. but I'm in the middle of feature film. I workd for 6 months, so I was afraid. Your way finally works ~Thank you !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This fixed my issue as well! You're a life saver!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im having the same error message here in 2020. Everytime I try to switch between the panels especially when i try to switch into the color panel I get an error message which says "error parsing properties list from file". Can someone please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you find a fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm facing the same issue. If some find a solution please post it because it starting to get me mad. Please someone !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.  Brand new user and new install.  Really annoying, especially that there is no response from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue, anyone solved it yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2022 Jan 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here! I can't open the Color panel. Same error message as others. I see the specific file, have tried deleting it, have tried saving under anothe project name. No luck. If someone figured this out, please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2020 Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having similar problem trying to upload new presets and the ( (ERROR PARSING PROPERTIES LIST FROM MEOMERY)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2021 Sep 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you fix it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2022 Dec 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Any solution plz 🙏 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had same issue and found it was because dropbox was syncing my documents folder. 

I'm on Windows 10, Premiere 2021

Documents > Adobe  -- Right click, Don't sync with Dropbox.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wow dropbox. Dropbox made me problem on mac (I have old os version). Preview for files didn't work. So I deleted dropbox on desktop, and it figured out. 

I had premiere problem on window. I solved with the solution someone above said. However, I also deleted dropbox too at that time. 

Why does dropbox make this kind of problem? (I use dropbox only via web since then)

Q) Why does it make problem ? ("dropbox was syncing my documents folder") 

(I didn't understand it)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am adding to this as a bump for this resolution because I tried all the other answers I could find and none worked. This was my issue, and seemed to be related to the Dropbox backup process. Solved by doing as recommended above. (June 2022, Dropbox 150.4.5, Windows 11, Prem Pro 2022)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue with premiere, the dialogue chart show me something about dropbox I clicked "don't sync with dropbox.com, however, the issue persists. I don't know how to solve this, please help! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2022 Jul 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is due to Windows Defender.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2022 Jul 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Problem Arises due to Windows Defender

Actual Solution (Steps) for Windows 10

1) Click Virus and Threat Protection

2) Click Manage Ransomware Protection

3) Click Allow an app through Controlled Folder Access

4) Click Browse

5) Find C->Program Files->Adobe->Adobe Premiere Pro 2021->Adobe Premiere Pro (Application) ...Click on it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines