• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export Issue - Maximum Render Quality/Depth

Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2018 Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I export to mp4 in h.264 or .mov in various flavors of Apple Pro Res I can no longer use the "Render to maximum quality" or "Render to maximum depth" check boxes. If I do the result is an export with a couple stops of added brightness. The attached images show the frame exported without those 2 buttons selected and with them selected. The one with blown out highlights is WITH them selected. Any ideas? This is way beyond the typical Premiere/Quicktime gamma shift.

Evan6.jpgEvan7.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm with Ann ... read that post from the Adobe blog, but then go to the Jarle link she lists.

And take anything from Jarle as Gospel. The guy's that solid. His tests on Max depth were to a detail level that was intense and exacting. I was able to replicate everything including working with some 12-bit that I got ahold of. (I don't normally see that in my shop.)

I was very surprised that say, having the Max Depth was as necessary on the Sequence settings as in the Export box. And that simply checking Max Depth in the export might not be enough with ProRes & DNx variants, that it is wise to ALSO click the 16-bpc option there.

That was new information. And verified by myself and others. And also, I might add, accepted by the engineers now. Several of us have had discussions with them. They replicated Jarle's work also.

Three versions back this was not the case, which is why the 'old' advice to skip Max depth worked ... then. But not now. Something changed in the code.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines