• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting black video

New Here ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No matter what settings I try to export my video in premier pro, the video is black. I've read multiple forums and ideas, but nothing seems to fix it. I have plenty of storage. I tried nesting the video. 
nothing is working. It just exports black while the audio plays. 

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

What have you tried? Just trying to get a handle on what you've already done.

However - have you tried this: switch your 'renderer' to software only. Go to > File menu > Project Settings > General - under Video Rendering and Playback change from Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration to Mercury Playback Engine Software only.

(or if it was already set to 'Software only' switch to GPU.)

Also try preview rendering your project - once you've done this - does it play fine from the timeline? If

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What have you tried? Just trying to get a handle on what you've already done.

However - have you tried this: switch your 'renderer' to software only. Go to > File menu > Project Settings > General - under Video Rendering and Playback change from Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration to Mercury Playback Engine Software only.

(or if it was already set to 'Software only' switch to GPU.)

Also try preview rendering your project - once you've done this - does it play fine from the timeline? If it does - when exporting tick the 'Use Previews' check box in the lower part of the Export window dialogue box. See if you get a visible export when trying this.

You don't mention if you are PC or Mac. If PC you may want to check the driver for your GPU is one that Adobe 'bless' for use with Premiere Pro. Good luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My goodness! I did what you said and it worked. 
Thank you so much! I'm newer to this program, so all the sifting through answers was just making me confused!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great to hear! Lots of great people on this forum - so come back with any more questions you have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have recently up updated the software but i still have the same issue.

I have followed all the steps reccomened but my exported videos still come out with missing footage (Black) but the text and sound are still there.

This only happens when i queue to export with the encoder, but not with straight export (this takes way too long to export)

Please help!!!

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

puppet shows and vaudville ...

in the old days there was no video ... so music would play and someone would put on a puppet show or dance around a stage in front of audience in a horse costume, etc. the shows were great and greeted by audience ( many of them drinking mead and basically bonkers ) with much hilarity and fun emotions.

so, think about that... you can open your ipad, start your sound only video, and start dancing around the room !  and use sock hand puppets... people love that stuff !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there. I can't provide a solution, but I figured out this workaround based on other people's suggestions. I exported the video through the Adobe Media Encoder instead of the normal export, then switched the rendering to Mercury Engine (Software Only) and it worked. Not permanent, but meant that I could meet my deadline and have a video to work with. Welcome other comments. I was using Mac Mini, latest software, latest Premiere Pro as of 26/11/2021.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines