• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Files Deleted after upgrade to premiere pro

Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2017 Apr 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yesterday I upgraded to the latest iteration of PP 2017... today when I open my 2 main projects all of the Sony F55 and Fs5 .mxf files have been deleted from the XDROOT folders... this is a real kick in the guts!!! I am shaking with anxiety due to WIP cuts that are due this week. I am currently rebuilding about 9TB's from backup drives and I've lost 2 full days...

this is simply unacceptable and there is no recourse or help on Sunday's

i am on a macpro 12core in sydney and have been nervously watching blue lines as I replace the missing data... THIS SHOULD NOT HAPPEN !!!!

I am absolutely furious !!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 25, 2017 Apr 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THIS SHOULD NOT HAPPEN

Honestly, I'm skeptical that it did.  More likely, the missing media was coincidental with the update, not caused by it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well it seems to be a coincidence happening to A LOT of users Joe ... I am certainly not making this up and I am a very careful operator.. my xavc folders were empty apart from xml's the next time that I opened my main project after upgrading the application, which btw caused the gravest concern for me and my production partners. Seems to have happened after I updated the project file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2017 May 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating the Pr PRO the files in the folders on the disc containing media cache gets erased (the folders are still there so the failure can easily be ignored). It happened to me on two different systems.

CAUTION!!!

Have lost lots of material (have done recovery with EaseUS, but still) due to cache rewritting.

When it happened for the very first time I thought it was the disk failure (bought a new disk and EaseUS data recovery program).

For the second time I have just had to bought recovery program for the second system!!!

Now I use one disk only for cache but I still suffer from nightmares.

Who will pay for the damage? Any volontiers, ADOBE???!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This exact same thing happened to me this morning. I was working on my project last night just fine. I opened it this morning after the update, it converted my file, and whole folders of media are just gone. I have backups but it's going to take me a couple days to relink and reload everything. I thought at first that maybe Premiere just consolidated my files somewhere, but nope, it's just gone. It's not in the recycle bin or anything.

And it's ONLY files that were used by Premiere Pro, mostly mp3s and .psd used for titles. It deleted a whole folder of footage but not others.

I don't want to open any other projects now because I'm worried that Premiere will just delete more stuff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same thing happened to me. I went to the auto save files and opened a file from there. The auto save had mostly everything. There were a few things i had to redo which was frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's not the same thing, Caveman.  This thread is about Premiere Pro deleting media files off the hard drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This literally just happened to me. I swear that I did nothing to cause this was there one moment and gone the next. About 80% of the media for my project just disappeared. The folders all indicate that they were modified at exactly the same time. You're not crazy... I'm furious right now as I lost 3 days of work and have to show cuts tomorrow. May switch back to AVID and try to rebuild it from memory  just to be safe. [profanity removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry for the issue. The issue is fixed in the latest update of Premiere Pro CC 2017.1.1. Please update.

Premiere Pro 11.1.1 update | Creative Cloud blog by Adobe

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2017 Sep 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UNBELIEVEABLE DEVASTATION. Everything wiped!

It just happened to me.

I had moved my media cache to the root level of of an external USB drive.

Premiere was acting strange, then in shock i see it had deleted

all MEDIA,

all adobe premiere PROJECTS except for the onei was in. Over a dozen.                      

all iTunes,

all movies

all Lightroom

> 1T deleted nothing in the trash

I've been running Adobe Premiere 2017 11.1.0 for a while with no problem.

My media cache files were filing up my local disk so I moved it to

main external USB 2T drive and set it to wipe the cache when over 23G.

I was using media browser to look at my camera files then suddenly

couldn't open movies.  Apparently media cache management kicked in and

wiped everything else on the disk.

Now i see the bug report. But there should be a message about this emailed to every Adobe Premiere user!!!

UGGGGHH!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to have my refund I lost major projects and Premier Pro need to be hold accountable for...

Months of work for one of my main project that was supposed to be released within the next couple weeks have been wiped out, what now?

Class action suit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2017 Jun 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for this issue???  SORRY FOR THIS ISSUE!?!??!!?!?!  EVERY SINGLE FILE IN EVERY SINGLE MEDIA DIRECTORY ON THE DRIVE I SHARED WITH THE CACHE FOLDER IS GONE.  MY VACATION PHOTOS?  GONE.  MY CAMERA BACKUPS?  GONE.  MY ENTIRE iTUNES LIBRARY????  GONE.

Oh, but this is the winner...  My DROPBOX FOLDER was in the same location... Guess what happened???  ALL GONE!!!!  Folders there, files GONE.  Oh, and thanks to Dropbox's syncing, all the files on DROPBOX WERE DELETED TOO!!!!!!!!

I do NOT accept your apology.

Extremely unhappy, utterly freaked out, and just completely crushed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That does not help me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are paying for a service and we expect the service to be good..

I'm totally disappointed...

And there is nobody actually there to help you...

I was supposed to release a major within the next, how do I explain that to my client...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just had same thing happen to me. Project totally vanish, not in autosave and backups gone too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is sickening  I updated Premiere Pro and everything is gone automatic saved files and back ups. Even the title of my videos.  I'm a wedding photographer and videographer. I have to start all over again. Days of work gone. I'm about to delete my subscription. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 19, 2021 Jun 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

gotta really suggest that you keep a backup of your media drive and project files.  If you're working on a deadline, this is really how you need to work.   Are you saying your project files are gone?  And your autosaves?

Please tell us your system specs: OS version, Premiere version, amount of RAM, Hardware specs including graphics card. 

You might do a computer wide search for your project name.  Maybe the project was saved in an unexpected location.

And I've been working in computer video editing for about 30 years on avid, fcp, premiere and resolve and I have had a few serious crashes in which I lost a days intensive work and rebuilding your project is never as lengthy project as doing it the first time...

There is an option for premiere to backup your project on the cloud.  Not a bad idea...  I have a folder on my computers that's automatically mirrored on dropbox.  Because I work from home on a mac and from a windows machine from a studio, this way I can easily  pick up my project at either location and run the latest version.  Screen Shot 2021-06-19 at 7.22.54 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 19, 2021 Jun 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The folders on your drive that held the media are missing? Empty? What?

There was one release four years back that could actually delete things. For nearly all posts about "files being deleted" since, it has turned out to be things like the projects don't show in PrPro on the launch screen, so it's assumed they're gone.

Where a simple search of the computer found the project files. And all media.

So ... you've searched the computer for the .prproj files and the media files?

Neil

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines