• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

files not found

Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2023 Oct 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning, I have a project with some clips that were initially on the PC's hard disk but I have now moved them to an external hard disk.
When I open the project I get a message telling me that the files were not found. Premiere therefore gives me the possibility to reconnect them but every time I go to reopen the project it gives me the same problem.
Thank you

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reconnect the clips, then File - Save As your project to a new/separate Project file (.prproj). Then try opening that new Project file and see if everything is linked up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried but nothing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure that you assign a fixed drive letter to the external hard drive, or the files will be offline when Windows assigns a different drive letter as the drive gets connected.

https://www.google.com/search?q=windows+assign+a+fixeddrive+letter&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS776US776&oq=windo...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked but the name is the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I solved it like this:
I linked the folders that contained the clips directly from inside the project folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Senza titolo-2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines