• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Files not linking or linking only audio after update

Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since updating my CC to the 2018 (On mac) my files are not linking correctly on old timelines. When I attempt to relink they randomly only do some audio vs video clips.

Sometimes when it links it says selected file does not contain video media used by clip reference in one or more sequences... these clip references will be deleted.

I've moved/delated the cache. uninstalled and reinstalled.

Any idea's what going on?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 24, 2018 May 24, 2018

So my relinking fixed with 12.1.1 (build 10).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. No video after relink only audio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So Still no luck. I'm on a 2015 Mac Book Pro.  These are MP4 Files shot on a canon 80 d or GH4 or GX85.  Some of the files connect fine (Shot on same camer) while others fail to connect. My 2013 Mac Book Pro works fine.

I dumped the Media Cache and moved it. Still no luck.

Attached is an example of what's happening

Screen Shot 2018-04-12 at 4.31.10 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with files from Canon 5D and Sony PMW400.

For now i'am export the project as Final cut XML and open this XML file in Premiere CC 2017.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Try opening some of the problematic clips in an previous version of Premiere Pro, then if all is well, transcode them to ProRes, Cineform, or DNxHD/HR. Import them into the new version of Premiere Pro. Is all well now?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2018 May 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There should be no need to re-encode the files!! I'm having this same issue and they worked FINE yesterday, now they're offline and won't relink. This is madness, is the team even attempting a patch for this?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 06, 2018 Aug 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From everything I have read, no they aren't. They appear to want this.

I just cant believe it. Video files recored from an iphone 5 months ago are not working. This is madness

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 13, 2018 Apr 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Delete all previous preview files and auto save folders associated with your old projects that you are attempting

to open on CC 2018 latest version. This helped in so many similar cases.

Let me know what happens to help you further

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2018 Apr 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In one case this helped! Thanks

In a other case it didn't, after also renaming the folder of the footage and then link al the files again when opening the project worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately still no luck, But thank you for jumping in Carlos!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So my relinking fixed with 12.1.1 (build 10).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here guys

I've been working on the project for a week with all my footage files in there.  I then updated to the latest premiere CC version 12.1.1 and now a couple of the clips have gone offline.  When I go to re-link them I get an error message saying "File has no audio or video streams".   I have tried cleaning my media cache, installing quicktime, repair creative cloud and nothing is working.  The files play fine on the external hard drive and computer but for some reason premiere and media encoder have black listed these few files and I can not reconnect.  Does anyone have suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2018 May 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 12.1.1 and I can not import or relink or drag clips from finder window. Only audio comes in.  Not good at all.  Works fine in older versions.  Bad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 05, 2018 Jun 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Videos offline, need to be located though the project has not changed. Link Media will not link to videos saying they are audio files. Tried dumping all caches, renaming clips folder, reinstalling -- all no-go. Does not matter if MP4 or MOV.

This just cropped up for me. I am going nuts with all the problems that are costing me time and sweat. This Link Media failure is unacceptable, along with the audio issues (tracks not playing, inconsistent playback, need to solo/unsolo and move audio tracks); the Replace Footage failures...

link_media_01.jpg

Adobe, this is nuts. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

file bugs and we will vote if you are sure that these are bugs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just created the bug item. This is a big issue in my opinion, as there is no fix. I am trying everything.

Link Media issues: Videos unexpectedly unlink, insists files are audio – Adobe video & audio apps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you try to delete the video previews related to this specific project ?

you can find their location by opening scratch disks, or try to change the

scratch disks location... check if this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. I deleted all the previews and deleting all sorts of stuff, as well as the Auto-Saves. I did not change the scratch disk location.

It is inconsistent, like the audio not playing issue. See photos. In one, some of the files shot the same day do not link while others do, all transcoded last year, most using H.264 Codec with QT wrapper. Crazy.

link_media_02.jpg

link_media_03.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deleted what you suggested, moved the Scratch Disk. Worked well for a while. Files that would not be found were, as scene in this image. VCA_2330.MOV was not linked then linked.

link_media_04.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Voted ! Just now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 07, 2018 Jun 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My entire team is having this issue. Even when we try to import the original back up footage it will not work. We need a fix soon or we will have to go back to a previous version which is not why we are paying thousands for

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2018 Jun 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still having this issue as well, even with Premiere's latest version (12.1.1)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried EVERYTHING suggested in these posts.  Only re-links 40% of the time.  Only brings in audio of video files most of the time. 

Why is there no real solution to this?

What gives here?

Even when I start a new, unrelated project and try to bring in clips, only audio comes in more than half of the files.

Can someone get us some answers?

12.1.1 (10)  Very unreliable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2018 Jun 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also having this issue. Working off my hard drive and laptop, usually on a desktop but same hard drive so shouldn't make a difference. Using 12.1.1 version (not sure why that is listed as "answered" when clearly it is not the answer to this issue). I have tried renaming the folders the clips are in and some link, some don't. Some I can link just the audio and not the video. Very frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines