• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FIXED ISSUE: Premiere Pro stops playback at around 34:46 (fixed in 22.3.1)

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some users, playback or rendering may stop around 00:34:46:00 in the timeline.  After this happens, audio and video will no longer play back anywhere in the timeline.  Exports in Premiere Pro and Media Encoder also hang at about the same point.

This issue is fixed in Premiere Pro version 22.3.1. 

Download the latest release to get the fix

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 24, 2022 Apr 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for letting us know.  This is a tricky one.  We have identified what caused this issue and fixed it.  It's been fixed in public beta for a few days now and we'll be rolling the fix into an official realease ASAP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2022 Apr 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a similar issue with rendering. It freezes at the 35% mark when outputting YouTube HD videos in both Premiere and Media encoder. When I switch to the generic HD video output, it'll freeze at 36%. I've watched the task manager during this process. Rendering the YouTube 720p causes my GPU and CPU to run at 100% for nearly the entire render time. Outputting YT 1080p takes about 20% of the load off both processors. The same happens with the generic preset. At 35% render completion, both processers stop entirely. The the CPU will pick up to about 7% capacity but the GPU sticks at zero. All the fans to contiu\nue to run at full power. All temps are normal.

It's definitely the update that has caused the problem. I tried rendering a video I rendered out before the update and it stopped at 35% as well.

It may be of interest to you to know I have exported 1 hour 30 minute audio files in this update. Removing the video allowed the file to render with no problems. I'm not an expert but it appears to be an issue in the video renderer.

How do I roll back my driver to the previous version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your insights.  We've defintely identified that it's related to audio.  You can roll back to 22.2 by following these steps here https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/install-previous-version.html.  Or if you are comfortable giving it a try, the fix is live in public beta right now.  You can install that from the creative cloud desktop app.  Look for the Beta Apps section.  It's open to everyone; no need to be invited.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well i was finally able to export without any "noticeable" problem trough AME and directly premiere pro too. I think interface in general is a lot faster, project is opening way faster than in 22.3 and maybe in 22.2 too.

22.1 STILL BEING FASTER THAN BETA however.

First problem i noticed at 22.2 and then at 22.3 was the slow opening project time and when project finally open then it took a lot of time to create waveforms and show video thumbnails to finally be able to "start to work"  Then the export issue came to ruined it all, in fact after rolled back to 22.1 everything is moving WAY TO FAST than newer versions. 

Windows 10, Scarlet Focusrite 6i6 sound card, 16gb ram, ryzen 5 3600, nvidia GeForce 780 (472.98 driver.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the beta update and it worked. It did seem to be slower than before the offending update. Only time will tell if it's better or not.

Thanks for your help, Francis.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad you got your project out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I spent 4 hours trying to problem solve this issue. I'm glad to hear this problem has been solved. It is upsetting I won't get my time back or meet the deadline for my client. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Top of this I just noticed when you move audio clip or copy paste the same on the timeline, somehow the waves increases which is a bit wierd. For Instance, I have the same audio file on timeline and have copy pasted the same file but the waves seems too high. What could be the problem?Screen Shot 2022-04-25 at 9.29.57 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2022 Apr 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, just want to update @Francis-Crossman 's instructions. You need to rollback both Premiere and Media Encoder to 22.2 to fix this issue. The issue remained for me when I only rolled back Premiere!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like the update was made available to the public a few moments ago for those in a rush to get it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wanted to update everybody that the issue has been fixed. Download the latest release from Crative Cloud Desktop version 22.3.1. Thank you to everyone for your patience while we resolved this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Francis, while i was able to export trough AME want to let you know that "opening project time" it's sooooooo slow compared to 22.1 and not just that, in general 22.1 feels "lighter" and way to faster than 22.3.1. put an eye on this please im sure there is an "opportunity" spot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still having playback issues since the newest update it makes it impossible to edit captions. In addition to export taking forever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, users who reported this issue and thank you, Premeire Pro team for get a fix released so quickly.

- Warren 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have the latest version and it still bugs ,im on mac m1and i tried to clear cache but nothing changed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For what it's worth, I found it only happened with more than 6 audio tracks so that was a brief workaround. Glad the issue is fixed. Will be trying the update soon, after I clean up all the hair I pulled out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2022 Apr 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for working on this, but it is true that these bugs are extremely frustrating, also considering the price of these products and they keep crashing or not working properly...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines