• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FIXED issue: Timeline performance in Premiere Pro 23.1

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 02, 2023 Feb 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue has been fixed in Premiere Pro version 23.2.  Please update to get the fix.

Interactions in the Timeline can become less responsive over time. This can include scrubbing with the playhead, selecting clips, moving clips around, or switching between multiple open sequences.

The issue predominantly affects macOS.  Windows may be affected to a lesser extent.

The issue can be more pronounced on older or slower hardware configurations.

If you are experiencing this issue: update to 23.2 to get the fix
The workaround in version 23.1 is to Close and re-open the active sequence  

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 02, 2023 Feb 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the info!

Is this issue related to the high CPU usage of 23 in comparison to 22?

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/premiere-23-extremely-slow-and-cpu-consuming...

I hope it is 🙂

Thanks again!

Looking forward to the fix!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 03, 2023 Feb 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have a fix in hand!  The fix is in Premiere Pro beta version 23.3 build 22 which was made available just this morning.   In Creative Cloud Desktop, go to the Beta section and click "check for updates" – Beta info and FAQ   I encourage you to download the beta and let us know if it fixes the issue for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 06, 2023 Feb 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I worked with the beta yesterday and it seems that the issue of lagging timelines is solved!

The interface itself is sometimes still lagging (especially the fading of e.g. the autosave box), but this just a small inconvenience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2023 Feb 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a quick note. I just switched to a new Macbook M2 Pro, and the problem didn't resolve until I made sure my OS was updated to 13.2.1 as well. I was on 13.2 and tried PP 23.2, 23.0 and event went back to 22.6.4. Seems to be working now, being on Ventura 13.2.1 and PP 23.2. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 07, 2023 Feb 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had that too. My workaround was closing and reopening the specific sequence.

It's not great, but at least it's a workaround.

Hope it helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 08, 2023 Mar 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Still having this issue in Premiere Pro 23.2.0 (Build 69) on MacOS.

Also experiencing to a lesser extent on my Windows machine (but also, this is a more powerful desktop compared to my 16" Macbook Pro).

Want to add that clearing preferences fixed the issue for about 5 minutes before it returned to sluggish performance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2023 Feb 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately my Premiere Pro has been performing very poorly as of late with choppy playback speeds an laggy timeline scrolling.
I'm not the most proficient in identifying what exactly could be the issue, though I do feel my system should be able to handle this kind of footage quite easily.

I've added a list of info below:

Operating System
macOS: Ventura 13.2 (22D49)

Premiere Version
Running the latest version (23.1)

System specs
Procsessor: 3,6 GHz 10-Core Intel Core i9
Graphics: AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB
Memory: 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

Source footage format/codec
The source footage we use is usually the same on every project with the occasional 120fps slowmo or 23,976 talking head footage.
Sony FS5 S-log3 MXF 1920 x 1080 with 59,94fps 50mbs
AVC Long GOP High 4:2:2 Profile 10-bit Unconstrained Coding
Interesting note might be; on a recent project with 4k 3840 x 2160 Linear PCM, H.264 footage we used proxies to speed up performance without much success.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried a suggestion via Reddit to hold the option key while launching Premiere which resets the preferences which seemed to give a huge performance boost.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a bug identified for the lags in Premiere 23:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/known-issue-timeline-performance-in-premiere...

Workaround is re-opening the timeline. I hope we get a fix soon. You are not alone 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines