• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Frustrating Teleporting X Y Position of Videos (Premiere BUG!)

New Here ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having an issue where I edit the position of a video within a nest, exit the nested sequence to the main sequence, and then the video I just alterterd the position parameters of "teleports" to a new position on the screen within the main sequence. When I open the nest again, the video has moved to a different position on the screen.

Ex:

Screen Shot 2021-06-21 at 9.40.36 PM.png

This is the view of how I want it to look within the nest: I set the position to 568 x 532 y

Then I return to the main sequence and I see this:

Screen Shot 2021-06-21 at 9.41.23 PM.png

Which clearly doesn’t match the edit I did within the nest.

When I return to the nest again it shows me this:

Screen Shot 2021-06-21 at 9.41.00 PM.png

EXACT SAME X AND Y  POSITION but the view of the composition is entirely different, with the video being in a different spot, but having the same parameters?

Has anyone had such issues before or have any idea how to fix them? Both sequences have the same sequence settings.

 

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What type of footage/image for the book cover are you working with? In the past I've seen some erratic behavior while working with JPG or PNG files. This could be a bug with the Basic 3D effect. If the cover is an image, please try to take it through Photoshop first and make a PSD file, then reimport that and see if the behavior changes.

However, if you're on a tight deadline, I would advise you to take this into After Effects instead. This program is really made for motion graphics and 3D work.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Working with videos, text (from premiere) and .ai files for some iconography. None of them are png or jpegs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines