Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Gaussian Blur, why not blurring on screen edges

Enthusiast ,
Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

When you redacted an object (blurring a face, etc) and that object pass through the end of the screen, you can see the face or the object not blurred? any solution. 

Note: repeat edges pixel feature enabled. 

Mo

TOPICS
Editing , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mo,

Do you have a mask on the blurred face? Are you tracking the object? Let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin 

Thank you for your reply! 

the footage is nlt blurred, i added a gaussain blur and created a mask to blur the face and enabled the repeat edge feature with a 10 points of feather. 

and the person leaving the scene, on the edge of the screen,  i can almost see his face. 

now im thinking about it its probably because of the feather and Premeiere is contaning the mask inside the screen area. 

muhannad_alani_0-1658329162850.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Feather is stop functioning when reaching the screen edge, i think tahts something adobe want to look into, unless im missing something. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 30, 2024 Jan 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin, 

Any update on this issue : )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 30, 2024 Jan 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @muhannad_alani,

Good to hear from you. I think I know what's going on. Is the clip scaled, have speed fx, or anything? If so, nest the clip, then add the Opacity mask. Does it work now? Please let us know.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines