Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

GPU Performance in Premiere Pro CC 2018

Explorer ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

Do i need the Cuda Software for speed up my Video Rendering or i just need the normal Nvidia Driver?

I use Mercury Plaback Engine and GPU (CUDA).

TOPICS
Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

On Windows, the Display Driver includes CUDA.  Do not install CUDA on Windows, as it can mess things up.

On a Mac, you do have to install CUDA separately.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have your GPU video drivers loaded, and in your PrPro preferences, you can select "Mercury Acceleration: CUDA", then you're fine.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Windows, the Display Driver includes CUDA.  Do not install CUDA on Windows, as it can mess things up.

On a Mac, you do have to install CUDA separately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

then is it normal for the gpu to reached 37% the most while rendering? cause after i installed cuda plus enable that cpu still hit high but gpu not working much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not all rendering features use GPU acceleration even with MPE GPU acceleration enabled. Many of the rendering features use only the CPU.

However, if your project is laden with GPU-accelerated effects, and your system's GPU is still underutilized, then you might have a CPU that's underpowered relative to the GPU (say, the system might have an i5 or even an i3 CPU but mated to an overkill GPU such as a GTX 1080 Ti). Remember, no higher-end GPU can compensate for a weakling CPU!

Randall

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2017 Nov 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok i see where you going and also indeed i am running on gtx 1080ti with a 4790k cpu at 4.4GHz. Now i know where my problem are my video didn't have any sort off effect that you list added.Also i dont think is a bottleneck issues cause my games i can fully reached at 100%

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Randall's answer was spot on. There's a list of GPU accelerated effects ...

List of GPU accelerated effects: https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/effects.html

But as Randall notes, even if you're using a GPU-accelerated effect, if your CPU isn't a match for your GPU, it limits the GPU.

"Balanced" machines are needed, really ... which is why doing a bit of looking through threads over on the Hardware forum, and/or going to Bill Gehrke's PPBM8 page for data on current hardware and how it's working in PrPro are worth doing.

Neil

Tweaker's Page ... now Bill's Video Hardware Blog

http://ppbm8.com/index.html

Hardware Forum ... https://forums.adobe.com/community/premiere/hardware_forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lastly does adobe premiere elements 12 support gpu rendering?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No. All rendering in Premiere Elements 12 is through the CPU only. In fact, even the latest version of Premiere Elements renders almost entirely through the CPU.

And for that matter, games do not fully utilize a modern CPU. Unlike Premiere which hammers the CPU.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines