Writing to file: \\?\M:\TheVanishing001mp4.mp4

Writing file type: H264

Around timecode: 00;30;00;06 - 00;30;00;13

Rendering effect: AE.ADBE Lumetri

Rendering at offset: 1799.970 seconds

Component: EffectFilter of type GPUVideoFilter

Selector: 9

Error code: -1609629695

I have turned OFF render at maximum quality... which alone seems like I am overpaying for software that doesn't work.  I just lost all that time as I have a file that is worthless.  This is completely random. Sometimes, no problem renders fine..other times I get the above error.  Yes, I am on the latest nVidia drivers. They were clean installed and do not have issues. I am completely frustrated at this point!

[title edited by mod for better search]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Aug 18, 2018 Aug 18, 2018

Thanks for the suggestions fellas...but I have to ask... WHY??  I am doing nothing that I wasn't doing before this god awful bug.  By the way, I have discovered, turning off the layers Opacity Keyframing fixes this problem.  This is a bug..Adobe knows it.  PR right now is crippled. I am paying full price for crippled software.  I am most certainly not changing my workflow.  I built this beast of a system so that my creative flow is not hindered by hardware or software and right now software is b

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Aug 17, 2018 Aug 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Typically that means you have an issue at the point in the timeline it gives you. Fix that.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 19, 2018 Aug 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wouldn't be here if it was a typical issue. And it was ONE track... no edits. Turning off keyframing on the opacity fixed it immediately. This is a bug. Period.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't say it wasn't,  and if you read my last post, it's clear I saw it as such.

I don't know of a complex multi platform app that is ever totally bug free. None. Period. I've been hit by bugs in this app myself, one caused me to stay with an earlier version for 4-6 months.

And I've had others less maddening.

So I'm not negating that you have a big or it's a pisser for you.

That said many things happen more if certain processes or patterns aren't understood or taken. Hence going through possible options and approaches that may obviate or at least get around something will be suggested.

The development team knocked off a ton of bugs this cycle, a huge improvement over past releases. So I give credit for that. This forum is the deadest post-release I've seen in five plus years.

So that means pushing on the remaining ones is a good thing to do.

As is checking steps and processes that may help also.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can understand that there is nor bug-free platform, but maybe something else than bugs? I am getting errors all the time...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tell us something to help you from ... we can't just make random guesses.

OS/CPU/RAM/GPU/vRAM, the type and nature of the media you're working with, the effects used ... then we'd be able to start puzzling where the errors are coming from.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2024 Jan 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah cheers mate, I didn't even think of that. Maybe I'll see if theres a helpful forum I could ask to see if anyone has a solution to this specifc problem...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have a problem in rendering Lumetri effects applied, try removing them,

or if you still want the Lumetri, try to delete the render files by going to sequence - delete render files

or manually delete the video previews from outside of Premiere. Then clean your Media Cache.

If after doing all of the above the problem persists, try nesting the clips on which you have Lumetri

after removing the Lumetri Effect, then reapply Lumetri to the nested. Check if that works as well ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wanted to pop on here over 3 years after you gave this suggestion and say I'm using Premiere for the first time to quickly put together a slide show of images for a funeral and was running into this issue. Your suggestion to delete the render files has seemed to solve my problem. Hat tip to you, sir.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

great! tx for letting us know!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the project settings, change GPU acceleration to Solo Software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestions fellas...but I have to ask... WHY??  I am doing nothing that I wasn't doing before this god awful bug.  By the way, I have discovered, turning off the layers Opacity Keyframing fixes this problem.  This is a bug..Adobe knows it.  PR right now is crippled. I am paying full price for crippled software.  I am most certainly not changing my workflow.  I built this beast of a system so that my creative flow is not hindered by hardware or software and right now software is being a PITA!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, by your comments, you don't understand a number of things about this app. Which is normal, how many do?

So ... Max Render Quality is only of use in certain limited situations, such as major resizing involving a lot of diagonal lines. Other than that, it's not of use. And can at times cause artifacts, so the better advice is that's off most of the time. Same for Max Depth, especially if you've got a dedicated decent GPU. 2-pass renders for exports mostly just take up extra time, without any appreciable improvement to the export. Except ... it can help in a very few sequences.

Not having them on is NOT 'missing' anything of use with the app. Period.

Apparently, you're one of the few that has the issue of opacity keyframing a clip or adjustment layer causes a problem? If so, yes, any software has some bugs ... some things that don't work right on some gear and media combinations, that sort of thing. I can't replicate, as it's working normally on my Win10 rig.

I do understand and appreciate the angst. Like most anyone using a complex hardware-demanding app like this for 5 years or so, I've been hammered at some point also. Around four months one time, requiring I stay with an earlier version until the appropriate bug fix had been released.

Also, if there's some glitch in the media cache files, you can have this sort of Lumetri fail message. I do get them but pretty rarely ... and always dump the media cache and check the timeline at the time-code spot. And am exporting in a couple minutes.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To add to what Neil said, that which I agree 100%, you should have informed us

if you have tried our suggestions to delete the render files or video previews associated

to your project. When projects rendered on previous versions are rendered again on newer

versions, sometimes an abnormal overlapping of the video previews might occur especially

when you have effects like Lumetri, so, simply deleting the render files and then cleaning

your media cache is something that should be done and become your habit as always this

is a necessary step not only with Premiere Pro. When you turned off 'Opacity' keyframing

and that I guess was done on the layer that has the Lumetri, that layer's render previews

were not being rendered again, no more of use. I guess if you deleted all the render files and

media cache and tried again even with those opacity keyframes on, your problem might have been solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was a brand new project. And the media cache is generally dumped before I start anything new...and it was this time. So no, it wouldn't have worked. Thanks for the help, to others. All I know is that they better get it fixed.  I am tired of public forced betas.  That needs to be done on an non-production stream by volunteers.  No where in my Adobe contract does it say that I agree to TEST software.  Also, the salt tossed around by community "pros" here is appalling.   Great image for the company.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2020 Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2 years late, but I agree with the last statement. Every time I check these forums for people having similar issues to myself, replies from the "pros" are almost never without an arsey, condescending, salty demeanour. Why cant people just leave that attitude at the door and actually HELP withOUT the snarky replies?

Its 2020 now and Premiere Pro has been doing the same thing to me on my last few projects.

Everything rudely suggested here I have tried, yet I too seem to have this recurring problem.

So it would seem 2 years on, Adobe still haven't bothered to address this issue.

Will probably move to Da Vinci at some point. As daunting as it is to learn a new software. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 03, 2020 Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have an Nvidia GPU, at the moment this could come from having the latest drivers installed. Nvidia's drivers have been wonky across all video apps, Resolve whatever. Try rolling back to the 445.x drivers, and you may need to roll clear back to the 442.19 driver.

Use the "clean install" option, and also use the Studio driver.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2018 Sep 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was wondering if you happened to find a fix.  I'm getting the same error and it seems to always happen between Opacity Key Frames.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 11, 2018 Sep 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please file over on the UserVoice system that you're having this. I've created the bug report linking to this thread, but PLEASE! ... both of you (and any others!) ... go there and add your comments to my posting.

gpu render error "unable to process frames" linked to opacitiy keyframe being "on" – Adobe video & a...

That is the way in the Adobe system to get the data directly to the QC engineer's systems. If they don't see it, they don't know about it.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2024 Apr 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone, I watched this guy's solution video and the very first option worked: Simply close Premiere and then open it again. All the clips that weren't rendering before finally rendered. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDU6XHcfBic

Had been trying for an hour to do all these other options in this thread, everything failing, and then found this video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2024 Apr 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I should say: Simply "quit" Premiere and then reopen it. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines