• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Graphics in Old Titler Files Will Not Reconnect in Current Version of Premiere Pro

Explorer ,
Feb 18, 2019 Feb 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have hundreds of old premiere pro projects that use the Titler that was available at the time. They used the same graphics over and over again. At a certain update (I don't know which) these graphic files stopped linking.

• There is nothing wrong with the graphic files. They open in Photoshop. I can drab them into the timeline and they show up fine. They just won't connect within the Titler Graphic.

• I've tried converting the psd's to jpg's and connecting. same result.

• I've tried putting the graphic files on different drives and connecting  - same result.

• I've imported a sequence from one of these projects into a brand new instance of PP. Same result.

• Adobe support has already had me do all of those things that they always have you do.

Here is a screencast of exactly what is happening: https://screencast.com/t/bLmOZPvCxYGU

Any suggestions or help much appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 19, 2019 Feb 19, 2019

They have stop working because the feature (insert logo/graphics) is removed from the titler.

The same as you cannot use the templates within the titler anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Feb 19, 2019 Feb 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recommend moving the graphics out of the titler and adding them as clips in the sequence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks Jim. Unfortunately there are hundreds of these old projects and many many hundreds of the old titler graphics with them. Manually changing each one wouldn't be feasible.

It wouldn't even matter except that the company who these videos were for changed their business name and logo - so I have to re-export every one of them with a new watermark. They are definitely not going to pay me to manually change all those graphics that are already there. They wouldn't be able to afford it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They have stop working because the feature (insert logo/graphics) is removed from the titler.

The same as you cannot use the templates within the titler anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

the company who these videos were for changed their business name and logo - They are definitely not going to pay me to manually change all those graphics

Well, then they won't get new versions.

It's work needs doing.  If they want it done, they should pay.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

angelog272  wrote

• There is nothing wrong with the graphic files. They open in Photoshop. I can drab them into the timeline and they show up fine. They just won't connect within the Titler Graphic.

I don't see that you tried to create a new title and add the graphic. I wonder about something in the psd that is different. If you can run a batch operation to fix something that is wrong with the psd's, you might have a chance.

You can test that another way by creating a new psd, rename as the old one, and see if that works. I'm not suggesting that for every one of them, just to test why the titler won't accept the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thx Stan Jones​ - yes i did try that. also tried connecting to completely newly created psd files.

thank you Ann Bens​ - I thin you're saying that the only way i can get these to work is with an old version of PP. I've tried 7 so far and can't get it to open on my mac os 10.14.

i think i might be in a lot of trouble here...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trouble, as in do-over...

Keep in mind that they should have a budget for rebranding.

I would explore using After Effects scripting to automate some of this by script. For example, a list of the text for the titles, and a list of the filename of the images.

See this for a starter idea.

https://aescripts.com/text2spreadsheet/

Ask in the AE forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines