• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

H.265 HEVC MENU INTERFACE TO VIDEOS

New Here ,
Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A common problem with most all commercial/homebrew NLE video applications is that while some of them can create video files using the H.265 HEVC codec, and some systems can play them back if properly equipped hardware-wise...none of them are able to create a menu-driven interface around videos created using the H.265 codec. Apparently the movie industry, in cahoots with the Blu-ray associations, have blocked application providers from including this ability. What? Are they afraid that my personal homebrew vacation movies will detract from their profits? 

I've spent a small fortune upgrading my desktop PC: New motherboard, high-end CPU, More/faster memory, a capable GPU, and a new Ultra HD compatible optical drive. I can now create and playback video formats using H.265 HEVC codec. Hower...

The question is...and there is no answer to be found that I've been able to locate via Adobe: CAN ADOBE PREMIERE PRO CREATE A MENU-DRIVEN INTERFACE TO A VIDEO CREATED USING THE H.265 HEVC CODEC? ADOBE HAS SLASHED AND CUT CAPABILITIES TO EVEN BURN A BLU-RAY DISC FROM THEIR PREMIERE ELEMENTS APPLICATION!

THANK YOU.

[Please do not use capital letters. Considered shouting and difficult to read. MOD]

TOPICS
Export , Formats , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CAN ADOBE PREMIERE PRO CREATE A MENU-DRIVEN INTERFACE TO A VIDEO CREATED USING THE H.265 HEVC CODEC? ADOBE HAS SLASHED AND CUT CAPABILITIES TO EVEN BURN A BLU-RAY DISC FROM THEIR PREMIERE ELEMENTS APPLICATION!

By @ColoradoGeorge

No, Premiere Pro cannot create Blu-ray discs.

Blu-ray is in short per definition MPEG2 or H.264 and there is no application that will do a Blu-ray from a H.265 file without re-encode the file to H.264. It has nothing to do with the movie industy. On Ultra HD Blu-ray discs you can use H.265.

I found this on Google: DVDFab UHD Creator | The 1st consumer level 4K UHD authoring software to produce professional level ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried UHD creator a year ago but abandoned it very quickly as it requires MKV 10 bit or m2ts H.265 10 bit.

Which neither can be produced by Premiere, so you need several conversions before you actually can burn it to disk.

And no means of making a menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your feedback! OK...yes...I've purchased several apps from DVDFab (12), including UHD Creator as well as converter, etc. Likewise NONE of their products can (or will?) include a menu-driven system around a H.265 video! While I can convert a straight video (no menus) into an Ultra HD disc...NO MENUS! 🙂 They offer a DVD app that can build menus, supposedly, but the Blu-ray equivalent app does not include menu building!

CyberLink's "PowerDVD," MAGIX "Video Pro +",  Adobe Premiere Elements (and it looks like Pro also), Pinnacle Studio Ultima...none can build a menu around an H.265 video!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you want an export process that essentially creates a program in a file rather than on a disc ... this program including the ability to tell the video player about chapters and such.

I don't know of anything like that, other than BluRay/DVD authoring apps. That create a specialized set of formattin/presentation instructions that take specialized players to work.

Do you have an example of one?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EDIT:

I deleted my reply since i just glanced at the link and did not notice the you were another app than Authoring Works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines