• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Having lots of issues with CC update

Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2018 May 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having lots of issues with the updated CC.  Updating projects is very glitchy, but even when I create a new project and copy media from Timeline into a new sequence it is giving me the spinning wheel of death a lot and crashing 10-15 times per day doing even the most basic tasks.  Creating recovered projects every time it crashes.   It seems to be slower on exporting and rendering as well.  Haven't lost anything but super frustrating. Wondering if there is a fix coming, or if there are workarounds.  on iMac 4g i7, 32gb Ram, AMD Radeon R9 4gb GFX card

Thanks

Marc

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Remove the adobe using this way, and reinstall

Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

let us know if its going to help

Best,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marc,

Sorry for the issues. Please give us your feedback here: Premiere Pro: Hot (1171 ideas) – Adobe video & audio apps 

For some users, problems like this are having to do with projects that contain legacy QuickTime files and (unfortunately) certain flavors of .mp4s. Here's the news about QuickTime if you didn't already know: Dropped support for QuickTime 7 era formats and codecs

For previous projects, I would highly recommend that you return to the previous version of Premiere Pro to finish off these projects. Furthermore, more anomalies occur when you updated a Premiere Pro project across a new major version, and 12.1 was one of those. QuickTime 32-bit files are still supported in that version, as well.

With 32-bit QuickTime being deprecated, along with the standard hiccups you see when projects are updated, you'll have to tread lightly until you've developed a new workflow that do not include these legacy QuickTime files (if that is indeed what the core issue is).

Some other advice I can give Mac users is make sure your Adobe folder permissions are all set to RW (including enclosed folders). Info: Premiere Pro CC, CC 2014, or 2014.1 freezing on startup or crashing while working (Mac OS X 10.9, an... They tend to get switched to Read Only from time to time, especially after updating macOS.

Hope this advice helps you.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 20, 2018 Jun 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a four minute sequence that I've been trying to export all day – all I get is the spinning wheel. I've tried through Media Encoder, different settings, match sequence settings, and on and on –– nothing helps. I've created a new sequence and copied and pasted it in there, no help. I even re-installed Premiere Pro a few hours ago – still nothing.

It is insane to me that Adobe continues to release these updates before they're ready, as evidenced by the repeated encouragement of the staff here to try an earlier version. Once I was even chastised for being so foolish as to update the software so soon, and for relying on the auto-save feature to actually auto-save. Right.

If anyone is having a similar problem exporting, and maybe knows how to fix it, please let me know.

I'd really like to be able to export my work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 16, 2018 Jul 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OneFJef,

Kindly contact support if you are still having trouble exporting. Contact Customer Care

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 16, 2018 Jul 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I haven't had any issues with exports, nor have most users. So sorting out why yours isn't working means we have to know a lot about your machine, media, project size and effects used in order to make intelligent suggestions to fix it and get you working again.

Trouble shooting 101.

So ... as for most problems here ... OS/CPU/RAM/GPU, the particular number-number version of PrPro and understand "latest" is wasted space as the CC App is so often wrong about updates being available.

The media types used in the project, the effects used, any 3rd party plugins or software involved. And whether this is only on one sequence or project or across all projects.

Spend 5 minutes to type that in, and several folks here could start the puzzling out or even spot where your project goes south.

Oh .. and have you tried closing PrPro, manually dumping everything in the media cache and cache database folders, rebooting, relaunching PrPro and allowing it a few minutes to rebuild the cache.

Then try an export.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines