• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help exporting 50p HD source as 25i

Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2024 Apr 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 50p HD source that I want to export as interlaced SD video, for DVD authoring.

The 50p source is an sport event, and I don't want it as 25p in the DVD. 

I need that the export takes into account all frames from the source.

Odd frames in the source should be used for generating top fields in the interlaced output.

Even frames in the source should be used for generating bottom fields in the interlaced output.

I've tried all settings, but the result is always the same: both fields in the output come from the same frame of the source, and all even frames of the source are discarded.

So, what I get is a 25i video that looks exactly as 25p.

I'd like to know what the settings should be in Adobe Premiere, so I can obtain a proper interlaced video.

Thank you. 

TOPICS
Export , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 05, 2024 Apr 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try making a 25i sequence and adding the 50P to that sequence. Then export as 25i.

If you would like to Dropbox a short 50P clip I could have a look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply.

That was my first try. I get a 25i output, but both fields on each frame come from the same frame of the 50p file.

I don't have a Dropboz account. Thanks anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think my mistake was exporting as Main profile, High level.

I should have done it as Main@Main.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 50p HD source that I want to export as interlaced SD video, for DVD authoring.

By @Fabian70

Export from a 50p HD sequence using those settings to get an interlaced DVD compliant MPEG2 file. Bitrate settings are harder to predict since i don´t know the length of the footage.:

Averdahl_0-1712310100111.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer.

I have tried your suggested settings, but it produces the undesired effect I talked about.

The output is a 25i file, but both fields (top and bottom) come from the same frame of the source.

I would like that Premiere takes two frames from the input to generate one frame of the output (odd frames for top fields, and even frames for bottom fields). Otherwise, the 25i output looks like 25p.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried your suggested settings, but it produces the undesired effect I talked about.

The output is a 25i file, but both fields (top and bottom) come from the same frame of the source.

By @Fabian70

Did you solve it?

If not, here are some info needed:

• What version of Premiere Pro do you use?
  • Win or Mac?
  • How do you export, from the Project panel or from a timeline?
  • If timeline, post all settings of that sequence?
  • Where does the footage come from, camera or?
  • If you place the footage in a timeline and step forward/backward frame by frame, are really each frame unique?
  • How do you view the exported footage and determine that the export is wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for answering.

Yes, I've just solved it.

I'm using v13.1.5 (Magician) on Windows.

I'm putting my 50p footage in a timeline (no sequence).

I can see there are 50 different and unique frames per second in the timeline. I advance frame by frame, and the counter adds a new second everytime I go past frame 49.

The footage comes from a commercial NTSC DVD. I used ffmpeg to deinterlace it (got a 59.94 fps progressive video). Then I converted it to 50p with Topaz AI Video Enhancer (model="Apollo"), and got a smooth conversion and upscaling.

I needed to convert it to PAL, 25 fps interlaced.

All I had to do was set the export profile and level as Main@Main .

My former setting was Main@High.

However, when I view the exported footage on VLC and skip frame by frame (pressing "E") I see all even frames are duplicates. It must be an error of VLC, because I get 50 frames if I import the output in Premiere.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines