• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help! "This project cannot be loaded, it may be damaged or contain outdated elements"

New Here ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was given a hard drive with a Premier Project file to work on. It's a pretty large file (119.5 MB) and I keep running into the "This project cannot be loaded, it may be damaged or contain outdated elements" error message. It doesn't matter if I try importing it from File > Import, File > Open or through the Media Browser. I've tried importing the entire project as well as just importing sequences, with no luck. I also tried messing around with memory allocation and gave Premier a little more RAM to work with (4 GB instead of 2 GB). My MacBook Air only has 8 GB so I feel like that may be part of the problem? I have no idea, I'm fairly inexperienced and have a deadline coming up so any help is appreciated

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , How to , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI, this just happened to me on a project that I've worked on since the beginning of the year. Tried what all the other posts suggested as "Solved" to no avail. Cleared cache, reset (alt + Open), tried to import sequences to new project, etc. No luck.

Finally, I re-installed the previous version (15.0.0 (Build 41) and it opened.

Seems the latest is buggy. *sigh*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're really pushing the lower limits of the software. 8GB is really not enough these days, though it is officially listed as the minimum.

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/user-guide.html/premiere-pro/system-requirements.ug.html

Not sure where I would go with this hardware. What version PP is it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also:

What are the complete computer specs, including hard drives (how many, what kind, what is on each, what capacity, and how full)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines