Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help with Time Remapping/Speed Ramps

New Here ,
Dec 10, 2023 Dec 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Somewhat beginner Premiere Pro user here. I need some help figuring out Time Remapping/Speed Ramps. I want to gradually speed up the very beginning of a clip and after researching on YouTube I discovered Time Remapping/Speed Ramps but it's not working the same way I see it on other's tutorials. I added some photos at the end to give people an idea of what I am referring to. So, I have a marker in the middle and one at the very end of the clip so I can specifically speed up this area, but when I drag the white line up the entire clip stretches out and the entire duration of the clip increases and I want to prevent that but not sure how. I want to basically have AT MOST 30 secs at the beginning of that clip at regular speed before it then increases the speed (ramps up) to about 400. Does this make sense? Is that possible? Am I doing something wrong? How can I fix this or is there an alternative method I can take to achieve the result I want. If possible, I would also like the audio to be in sync with remapping but I'm not worried if not.

I've tried the regular Speed/Duration method and it's not achieving what I want because the video speeds up too abruptly for my liking. (I feel like what I'm experiencing is because I am speeding up the end of the video the end is shortening and making it seem like the clip is getting longer but I'm not sure if that's true when it's extending the duration of the entire clip.)

I hope to hear from someone soon! Thank you!

Screenshot 2023-12-10 at 3.13.41 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-12-10 at 3.13.50 PM.png

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 13, 2023 Dec 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your clip appears to be reversed. (-100%)

You can try nesting your clip before applying the retime to get more predictable results. If you then increase the speed of the 2nd half of the shot, the clip will get shorter because it is playing frames quicker.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines