• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Horrible Memory Leak w/ New 15.2 Update (MacOS)

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got 64gb of RAM and a GPU and running Big Sur. Before this update, I could work in Premiere all day and not have a memory problem. Since the update, I'll be doing simple editing (not rendering or exporting) and within 20-30 minutes I'm down to 6gb of RAM and getting warnings from the OS that I'm down to fumes.

SUPER frustrating! I have to quit Premiere and restart it multiple times in an hour to regain RAM. I've restarted my computer a handful of times as well.

Anyone else?

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Were you running Premiere pro 15.1 or 15.0 or a version of 14.x prior to the memory issues?

See if rolling back to the previous version solves your issue.

15.1 has been OK for me, though Catalina is the current OS on all the Macs in use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can confirm on:

macOS 10.15.7 (Catalina)
MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, Two Thunderbolt 3 ports)
2.3 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5
16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3
Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640 1536 MB

To test, I simply started Premiere Pro 15.2. I did not open any project, simply allowed it to sit. Memory usage crept up until all of the RAM / SWAP was used up. OS locked up and crashed in about 30 minutes. I tested different versions of Premiere and the earliest version with this problem is 14.3.1. Version 14.3 works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines