• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How Can I Align Evenly Several Titles And/Or Objects/Images In Premiere Pro?

New Here ,
Jul 10, 2018 Jul 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have lists that I want to be lined up like this.      

One

Two

Three

But I don't always want them to be directly centered. I want flexibility to put them wherever I want. Many programs have an option where you can just drag the object or text and It will automatically align it and show you the spacing. How can I do that In Premiere Pro?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 10, 2018 Jul 10, 2018

Go to Window > Essential Graphics and select Edit. Select the text layers and play around with the Align and Transform options.

Look for Align Left to align the text layers to the left.

aligntransform.PNG

But, this will not work for images. For that and all of the abowe i mostly use After Effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use the featured format demonstration of above video without making it rolling credits.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Window > Essential Graphics and select Edit. Select the text layers and play around with the Align and Transform options.

Look for Align Left to align the text layers to the left.

aligntransform.PNG

But, this will not work for images. For that and all of the abowe i mostly use After Effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cosign on the fact that aligning and centering visual compositions with text and images is done in After Effects the easiest. What you're trying to do in premiere isn't really what the software is meant to do. So you're going to have to use quirky workarounds, when it's a couple of easy clicks in After Effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Essential Graphics sucks. No where near After effects. If we were to shuffle every now and then between AE and PP, dynamic link starts sucking. If AE allowed multiple objects in a single layer, and also transistions, I would  never come back to premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 07, 2021 Jul 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All my options disappear as soon as I multi-select tracks, even if the tracks have exactly the same text/graphics elements on them. I believe the align and transform tools will only work if you're working on one track, meaning any other effects are not possible, you'll have to have all your text on one track.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah I have the same issue. Please can anyone help. As soon as i click multiple texts , all the options in Essential graphics disappears. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 05, 2021 Dec 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just don't use it. You cannot align images or clips (including subsequences) with it, so it's completely useless outside of aligning a singular text box at a time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2022 May 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the tools to work the graphics have to be in the same Graphic Element clip thingy.
If you want to add another text, shape, graphic layer to that element, then make sure it's highlited in the timeline before clicking with your tool in the program window. 

You can also, drag images and video (but not audio) from your Project Panal into the layers of your Essential Graphics Panal.

This will let you use the aline and center tools how you are imaguning. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 11, 2022 May 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi LisaB,

Have you checked out 22.4? You can now distribute objects on the Program Monitor by moving text or shapes so that their edges are equally distant from each other. Let me know if it works for you.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines