• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I rollback to a previous version of Premier using the Creative Cloud App?

New Here ,
Jan 08, 2020 Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently I updated my Premier App from version 12.x.x to 13.1.5. Upon launching with the newer version, I immediately encountered driver issues which prevented me from effectively using Premier. To my dismay, when I tried to rollback to the previous version of the app, I was no longer able to find it on the list. In fact, the list only showed me 14.0.0 and 13.1.5 which is a far cry from what Adobe has offered in the past.

I searched through the forum here and found this thread which was marked as solved:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/change-to-older-version-premiere-pro/m-p/10786553

But there are a couple red flags with this post:

First, why is there a third party website claiming they are allowed to control all previous versions of your app? I have no reason to trust that link or website. I do not feel comfortable downloading anything from them.

Second, why can't Adobe offer their customers the ability to use previous versions of their apps? You have a reputation of "move fast and break things" which causes new bugs to appear in every release. The ability to not roll back a couple versions is a disservice to your customers, in my opinion.

I hope a solution can be found that does not include using a third party website.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is never a need to remove the previous versions when adding updated ones. So I still have several older versions available.

One of the options when installing updates from the CC app is whether or not to remove the older version. Don't.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neil,

Thank you for the reply. The concerning part to me is I did not remove the previous version. I clicked the update button that was presented to me, found the update did not work with my computer specs, and now I am unable to roll back to a previous version.

Unfortunately it appears Adobe has made a business decision to stop supporting Premier 2018 or later (as seen in the first comment). Adobe has removed the ability to obtain these versions from Creative Cloud. All I can say is I am disappointed and I know I am just one person so Adobe has no reason to provide a solution.

thanks again for the reply, hope you have a good one~

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you didn't have 2018 removed it should still be there on your computer. Gave you gone to the Program/Package folders and checked?

I still have back to 2015.4 on my machine.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 27, 2022 May 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2022-05-27 at 17.22.12.png

Using the creative cloud desktop app, navigate to all apps then scroll through your installed apps to Premier Pro. Click on the 3 dots next to "Open". In the pop-up window you will then be able to scroll through Older versions and install from there. Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 27, 2022 May 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

*Edit, in the drop down select "Other Versions" to get top the pop-up window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines