• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I take a corporate video and loop it to play all day at a trade show?

Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2015 May 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a ten minute video that I need to put on a thumb drive to send with our marketing team to a trade show next week. They want to be able to plug it into a smart TV and just let it loop all day. The only solutions I am hearing is copy and paste the video into the timeline multiple times... but that doesn't work for me. I need it to loop until someone pulls the thumb drive out of the USB port or they turn off the TV. I know I can loop it in Quicktime indefinitely but is there no way to create a MPEG that just plays over and over? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , May 08, 2015 May 08, 2015

Looped playback will be a function of the player employed.

If direct USB connection to the TV does not have an option for looping playback,

you might consider using a laptop connected to the TV and use a player like VLC

and set the preferences to loop the playback indefinitely.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a function of the player, not the media.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looped playback will be a function of the player employed.

If direct USB connection to the TV does not have an option for looping playback,

you might consider using a laptop connected to the TV and use a player like VLC

and set the preferences to loop the playback indefinitely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the responses. I didn't expect there to be a good solution for this but I thought I'd see if Premiere could do it. Thanks anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

..want to be able to plug it into a smart TV and just let it loop all day.

Your first job should be to investigate whether the TV being used for the event

has an internal capability to automatically loop USB playback on its own.

An additional tip:

Depending on program length, you should consider repeating the content a few times

on your timeline as you described prior to exporting the file for playback at the event.

This can minimize any possible pauses, glitches or hiccups in the playback as your

selected player method restarts or "loops" the playback at the end of the program.

For example, if you are using a 32GB thumb drive, you can repeat the content

on the timeline as many times as your preferred encoding/export format will allow

to still fit comfortably on your playback media, and this will reduce the number of times

you will need to rely on the player to "loop" or repeat during the course of the event.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know I can loop it in Quicktime indefinitely but is there no way to create a MPEG that just plays over and over?

Actually it is because its the only easy  way.

I use it very successfully and currently am working on 3 projects with same requirements .  Screens at a Photography Festival.

In these cases we use Window Media Players.

BTW - I think my smart TV at home  would loop from a USB stick. Will check that later.

"Depending on program length, you should consider repeating the content a few times

on your timeline as you described prior to exporting the file for playback at the event."

That's not actually a Loop and is inefficient in terms of file size , and the export times are horrendous. eg 32 GB Export !!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

shooternz wrote:

That's not actually a Loop

I appreciate your input.

I did not call it a "loop", I called it "repeat".

shooternz wrote:

inefficient in terms of file size , and the export times are horrendous. eg 32 GB Export !!!!!

I suggested "...still fit comfortably on your playback media",

I intentionally did not suggest to max out the media capacity.

A 25-30GB file should not present any playback problem.

I have done this on many occasions without any issue at all.

What if his program length for a single playback requires export of a 25-30GB file?

Should he give up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wasn't being pedantic with your suggestion.

The OP asked for a loop and it is the most efficient way of doing the task so I offered him a solution from my own experience of doing what he asked for.

His program is ten minutes.

I can export that at to H264 HD at approximately real time or better .  (10 minutes)

A three hour repeat would take me 180 minutes- ish to export.   Forgeddaaboutit.!  

THe OP wants an all day Loop ( Repeat)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

shooternz wrote:

A three hour repeat would take me 180 minutes- ish to export

I again appreciate your input.

If you don't have four extra hours for exporting (perhaps overnight),

or a second (or third) system to handle the task while you continue to work...

then I would understand your hesitancy regarding what is in my opinion a good practice.

Hopefully you will not take exception to my expressed opinion.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopefully you will not take exception to my expressed opinion.

Of course not. Its a Forum.

The OP has been offered solutions. He can run with what he wants.

Your original advice ...loop the player....marked correct... .... is what I would go with and the one he appears to accept as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

shooternz wrote:

Your original advice ...loop the player....marked correct... .... is what I would go with and the one he appears to accept as well.

However weary of replying I might be,

I still appreciate your input.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2019 Sep 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You would think ... Adobe and all these "Smart' TVs" would figure it out by the year 2019! All this would into production and still no good solution. Anyway September 2019 haven't found a good one.

My client (a restaurant) has a older Samsung TV maybe 5 years old. It can not play 59 fps. Over the years I have made different format videos 60/30fps etc to try to make smaller files sizes for cell phones, etc. because everything went on youtube or facebook.  They are able to play photos. Now they want videos. I have 50 of them. Here's what I found; If there is no audio a error comes up. It will play but an annoying error comes up 'not supported'.  So I assume the sweet spot is 30fps 1920. (Older Samsung). btw will not play a .mov they were .mp4 . ya sure I can edit them all to one video, but if they stop serving a product I will have to redue it! F' that. 

So I went to Best buy yesterday 9/2019, other brands and Sameson will play the 59 fps but the TLC wouldn't play a folder of them that me or the Best Buy guy could figure out. Picture is great though. Then I seen the words 'youtube' I'm like well hell they can just play them of their youtube channel. (stupid Roku wont show the repeat button!!!) F'! WTF WTF people. Do we not make videos for presentations???!!! So. Not only that, my clients should NOT HAVE to be connected to the web to repeat/loop a bunch of stupid videos. 

Sample playlist of 50 videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dT-7MJzA05Q&list=PLeRZWOJ1DfyFWwUBuapcaCoMpK0VVKczw 

There are services that will play different screens etc. Cool, for a fat monthly FEE!!! And you have to be connected to the web!!! But really all this money we spend to make amazing video and presentations and all the intelligence of Adobe and this has not been figured out with out having to split atoms?!!! to play stupid videos?????? 

You should NOT have to risk having and wasting a freaking laptop hooked to a TV to play videos!!! Or be a video engineer or computer. And if you think clients can figure it out, you don't work in the real world.  

Or PAY a service to rotate stupid screens!!! i.e. menus, etc. 

So. I bought the new 'Samsung' and this how you do it. You make a folder with your videos in it. (it's like your play list). go to the 1st video and 'play' it. Once playing move arrow down to forward play blah blah blah functions. To the far right is the 'repeat' button. Repeat 1 / ... a for all or (default) none. It looks amazing BUT for the first 7 seconds of each video after a black space of buffering, you have to functions of the video. It's a solution. But for Gods sake, pull it together. And give us a solution to do something with the videos after they are made!!

"Smart" is a big fat joke. Especially when it comes to phones and TVs. 

Clients come in all kinds of beautiful shapes, sizes and inabilities to run technology. We are here to keep it simple. 

Thank you. End of rant.  8-) I love Adobe XOXO 

2019 Samsung Instructions 

(Make a folder of your play list of videos)

Put in USB

Turn TV on

Source >

Source button (Upper right)

>Arrow Lower mid buttons to >

>> “Mass Storage”

Select  folder

Once playing, scroll over to ‘repeat icon’

Repeat a/all - 1/ just the one or - / none

Play 

Corned Beef And Cabbage. Elio's makes hearty food fresh everyday. http://www.eliosdining.com Order online, Dine in, or on our Greek Festival Patio or Get it to go and order on line. Elio's Family Restaurant 510-351-0463 260 Floresta Blvd, San Leandro, CA 94578, USA Open 7 days a week ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2023 Jan 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

all the intelligence of Adobe and this has not been figured out with out having to split atoms?...

...pull it together. And give us a solution to do something with the videos after they are made!!

I'm failing to see how this is a problem with Adobe? At the end of the day, Adobe services do everything they were designed to do. They can hardly insure every device has all the features you may require because, although this might come as a surprise to some, Adobe don't make your TVs, monitors, computers etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines