• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How To Ask For Help

LEGEND ,
Jun 08, 2016 Jun 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The following is copied and pasted from another thread here in the forums.  I just want to hold this up as a shining example on how to properly ask for help.  The editor has provided a clear description of the issue (including the exact error message), the relevant system and project information (including the precise version of PP being used and on which operating system), as well as remedial solutions already attempted.

Help us help you, and follow this example.

DESCRIPTION OF PROBLEM

The problem isn't consistent. After editing for 10 minutes to an hour without any problems, this error pops up (usually a dozen to several hundred at a time): "A low-level exception occurred in: RED Source Settings (AEVideoFilter)"

It usually begins with a ripple edit, but not always. After the first error instance I can make a few more edits with no problems, but eventually every other, and then every edit produces the error box. Scrubbing through thumbnail previews occasionally produce the error, as well as clicking "Reload from RMD" in the RED source settings.

I'm able to ignore the errors and continue editing for a couple minutes but eventually Premiere freezes for about 3 seconds while I wait for the error box to disappear.

After I continue making edits while putting up with the 3 second lag, I eventually get the error "Unable to read image file". That error does not appear in the error log. After this error appears a couple times eventually everything I click makes it appear (changing tools, dragging clips from source monitor, clicking the red error log button, attempting to open Preferences, etc)

Eventually Premiere locks up and either shuts down on it's own or I can only close it from the task manager.

COMPUTER INFO

• Processor: Intel Core i7-5960X CPU @ 3.00GHz
  • Installed memory: 64.0 GB
  • System type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor
  • Motherboard: ASRock MB-X99XK31
  • Graphics Card: GeForce 980Ti

HARD DRIVE INFO Areca, Thunderbolt, RAID 0, 29.1 TB

PROJECT INFO

• Premiere Version: Premiere Pro CC (2015.2 Release) 9.2.0 (41) Build
  • Footage: R3D, 5120x2160, 23.976fps, REDcode 6:1, DRAGONcolor2, REDgamma4, Roughly 55 hours of footage (about 14.9 TB)
  • TRT of timeline: about 2 hours
  • All production audio files are on a separate drive as the footage
  • Current project file size: 29.8 MB

FAILED FIX ATTEMPTS

• Removed all video effects
  • Switched from GPU Mercury playback to CPU
  • Switched RAM from Performance to Memory
  • Created blank new project and imported entire old project
  • Updated graphics card driver
  • Rolled back to earlier graphics card driver
  • Uninstalled Premiere and reinstalled
  • Opened project on different computer but left drive plugged into original computer
  • Used backup drive on original computer
  • Used original computer but accessed the drive plugged into a different computer over network
  • Cleared the media cache folders using the Clean button in Media Preferences. Also went to the cache folders and deleted them because Premiere didn't get rid of everything.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 28, 2017 Mar 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,See this FAQ:

See also this FAQ for guidelines on info we need to help solve your issue: FAQ: What information should I provide when asking a question on this forum?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 22, 2018 Apr 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What about the adobe log file that has been created that would have all the details needed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 22, 2018 Apr 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only post that if a Staff member asks for it.  The data listed above is most useful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2018 Aug 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mr Simon,

Have tried most of your suggestions

I just cannot get sound from 5 different formats

Very frustrating that this major, major applicaton cannot translate sound !!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 28, 2020 Mar 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Jim Simon,

I did not like your response at all. I thought, it came across as awfully condescending. I understood, what the problem was. Didn't you? Please take down your posts which contribute nothing to solving the problem. If you want to teach a Ms. Manners class, please look for the right forum. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The OP shows he's a new user and needs help. What's your problem? Why don't you read the Community Guidelines? "Be kind and respectful"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines