• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to get gradient fill for text

New Here ,
Feb 03, 2019 Feb 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've tried scouring the Internet for this info but to no avail. I recently transitioned to Premiere Pro CC from Premiere Pro CS5.5. So far so good, except I can't find out how to apply a gradient fill to my text. The Essential Graphics panel seems to only offer gradient options for shapes, not text. Am I mistaken? Is there a way to get gradient fill applied to text? I really would prefer not to have to build all the original titles in Photoshop and import them to Premiere. Anything would help. Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

For those wishing to create Text Gradients right inside Premiere Pro's Program Monitor without needing the Legacy Titler, we're happy to announce the implementation of Text Gradients as of the latest public release of PrPro 15.2. Please try it out when you can and let us know what you think.

For information about how to apply Text Gradients as well as a couple of short how-to videos, go to this link:
https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/text-gradient.ug.html
Here is a snapshot of a Text grad

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use the Legacy Title Tool - File > New > Legacy Title . . .

to create type with gradient fills:

Screen Shot 2019-02-03 at 11.33.07 AM.png

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is super helpful. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No there is no gradient for text but

Assuming text is white.

Drop a shape the size of the text under the text and fill it with a gradient.

Drop track matte on shape, set it to the text.

Done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those wishing to create Text Gradients right inside Premiere Pro's Program Monitor without needing the Legacy Titler, we're happy to announce the implementation of Text Gradients as of the latest public release of PrPro 15.2. Please try it out when you can and let us know what you think.

For information about how to apply Text Gradients as well as a couple of short how-to videos, go to this link:
https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/text-gradient.ug.html
Here is a snapshot of a Text gradient inthe Program Monitor:
Screen Shot 2021-05-11 at 12.43.28 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I spent a while trying to find 'gradient' in the Essential Graphics Panel and resorted to googling it, and still took a while to find this page!  Now it makes obvious sense : FILL with Gradient...

I need stronger coffee.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry for the cinfusion, Gus. That's why I wanted to post about it here and as many other public facing outlets as I could. Please let me know if there are other places I should post. Or just feel free to copy and paste my post if you prefer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines