• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to remove all transitions?

Participant ,
Nov 08, 2008 Nov 08, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used the automate to sequence with default transition. A few dozens of transitions were added to the sequence.
How to remove all the transitions without deleting the sequence and starting from scratch please?

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 09, 2008 Nov 09, 2008
Shift+select them and delete them.

/Roger

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,
May 30, 2015 May 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

but it didn't get *all* transitions. I was left with about 10 audio cross fades, from 30ish audio (and video) crossfades.

I don't know what was special about those few clips, but PP thinks they're different somehow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 10, 2015 Jul 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just plain silly, really.

not like any of us value our time, you know?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

careful with that kind of sass talk. it'll get your comments banned!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what it should do is get me hired because i have the courage to tell it like it is

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 13, 2016 Jan 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Splendid workaround! The fact that this question was posed 7 years ago and a workaround was proposed 6.5 years later is really quite funny. I'm just glad I found it because it worked! Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2018 Jan 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Michael, I love you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2015 Sep 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It'd be great to be able to remove all transitions with one button push, that's for sure.   FCP 7 had this feature. Loved it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2015 Dec 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Checking in on this issue again.  Is there seriously no way to remove all transitions on a sequence?    As FCP 7 had this simple feature years ago I would think it would be standard in Premiere at this point?

The speed change workaround may also not work for me as we had to adjust clips individually in our timeline because they were transcoded at the wrong frame rate.

There must be a way.

Best,

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2016 Jan 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Professional tv and film editor here - very disappointed that a "PRO" version of Premiere doesn't have this option available. It seem to be so easy to accidentally add transitions to clips in the timeline, but very difficult to remove... especially when they're small 2 frame transitions that have been added every clip on 20 minute, multi-layered sequence....

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 28, 2016 Jan 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Derek,

Make a feature request here.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2016 Aug 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the solution of this problem, YOU CAN MOVE EACH SECOND LAYER UP THE TIMELINE, transitions will be removed, after that you can move them back to their timelines

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 21, 2017 Jul 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

9 years later, and this very simple feature still does exist in Premiere.

However, there IS one way to do it... with the Palette Gear. Adobe even tweeted it out: Adobe Premiere Pro on Twitter: "Here's how to remove transitions with one button in @AdobePremiere w...

Little did they know, I'm in contact with the Palette Gear developers, and I sent them a link to my Premiere Problems spreadsheet: ALL Taran's feature requests and bug reports for Adobe Premiere - Google Sheets I asked them to include that feature, since they have access to the SDK. And they did.

So, you CAN do this, IF you buy the Palette Gear. HOWEVER, it still has the issue of using 1 history state per deleted transition, which can be really annoying as you might imagine. I've asked them to ask Adobe to fix that, since it has to do with their SDK not dealing with history states properly.

In the meantime, keep sending in those wishforms. Wishform - Adobe Premiere Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 22, 2017 Oct 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Taran thank you so much for this!

I actually am a lucky user of Palette Gear, and now that you mentioned it I remember this was one of many reasons for me to buy it. And of course it worked!

Another great feature of Pallete's buttons is the ability to add a specific effect to a clip (since you can't assign keyboard shortcuts to effects).

Also thanks for the idea of skipping Adobe's developers team and sending ideas to Pallete team - these guys are very friendly!

Regards!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Delete multiple double sided transitions:

1. select all the clips holding the Ctrl key so all edit points will be selected

2. press Ctrl+Shift+T to toggle trim type three times so that all out points will be marked in red

3. press Ctrl+left Arrow to Trim Backwards  once

4. press Ctrl+Right Arrow to Trim Forward once

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This works perfectly. Thanks Roei!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, small correction: on step #2 the short cut to toggle trim type is Ctrl+Shift+T and not Shift+T

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2019 May 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Roei's solution is great, though if you have a long project you'll need to do it in small sections. I selected all the edits in my 5min video, followed the steps, and it locked up my program. It eventually unlocked but still scary if you haven't saved!

- Joe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been looking for a way to implement this feature using Extendscript and I've written this code which should allow you to remove all transitions on selected clips!

You can copy paste this code and save as a .jsx file

You can run it using something like the JSX Launcher Extension 

We can finally have this feature in Premiere! Feel free to message me with any bugs or questions.

var activeSeq = app.project.activeSequence;

var transitionsRemoved = 0;

for (var i = 0; i < activeSeq.videoTracks.numTracks; i++) {   // for each track

for (var j = 0; j < activeSeq.videoTracks[i].clips.numItems; j++) { // for each clip
        var clip = activeSeq.videoTracks[i].clips[j];
        if (clip.isSelected()) {
            for (var k = activeSeq.videoTracks[i].transitions.numItems - 1; k >= 0; k--) { // for each transition
                var transition = activeSeq.videoTracks[i].transitions[k];
                // if the transition falls within the bounds of the current clip
                if ((transition.start.seconds >= clip.start.seconds && transition.start.seconds <= clip.end.seconds) ||
                    (transition.end.seconds >= clip.start.seconds && transition.start.seconds <= clip.end.seconds)){
                        transition.remove(true,true); // remove transition
                        transitionsRemoved++
                    }
            }
        }
    }
}

// Same thing but for audio tracks!
for (var i = 0; i < activeSeq.audioTracks.numTracks; i++) {   // for each track

for (var j = 0; j < activeSeq.audioTracks[i].clips.numItems; j++) { // for each clip
        var clip = activeSeq.audioTracks[i].clips[j];
        if (clip.isSelected()) {
            for (var k = activeSeq.audioTracks[i].transitions.numItems - 1; k >= 0; k--) { // for each transition
                var transition = activeSeq.audioTracks[i].transitions[k];
                if ((transition.start.seconds >= clip.start.seconds && transition.start.seconds <= clip.end.seconds) ||
                    (transition.end.seconds >= clip.start.seconds && transition.start.seconds <= clip.end.seconds)){
                        transition.remove(true,true);
                        transitionsRemoved++
                    }
            }
        }
    }
}
alert(transitionsRemoved + " transitions removed!"); // Just in case you have to undo - you will know how many times to press it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, Megaman9! This works great and is very easy to use. This is especially useful for projects where multiples clips have different speed settings. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 19, 2020 Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

July 2020, its been 11 years since this fix was requested, and still not done ??? The marked as answer comment, as usual with adobe questions, is NOT an answer at all - as it doesnt work. Yet again i'm left feeling angry and cheated by Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 19, 2020 Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try the solution posted abowe your answer? I did try it and it worked, i could remove all transitions from the timeline. Not as convinient as having it from the start in Premiere Pro, but once installed it works. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2020 Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Select everything you want to remove transitions from.
2. Right-click on the selection and pick Speed Duration.  Change the speed to 100%.
3. Right-click on the selection and pick Speed Duration.  Change the speed back to 100%. That will correct the speed back to 100% and remove any generated gaps.
4. All transitions should now be removed except the beginning & ending of any transitions of the original selection. Remove those few individually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Who's urdaddie? Sorry. Had to ask. Nice tip, BTW.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Typo. Should be:

2. Right-click on the selection and pick Speed Duration.  Change the speed to 102%.

Apologies...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you go to my first post in this thread....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMqly8PBTcc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines