• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can't import 4K video from GoPro Hero 6 to Premiere Pro

New Here ,
Dec 08, 2017 Dec 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got my new GoPro Hero 6, and I was really excited about 4k videos and high frame rate. But I had some problem when I was trying to edit my shoots in Premiere Pro.

I imported the video files into the Premiere Pro, but the program only showed it as an audio file only.

It works when I am recording in 1080p (60 fps, 120 fps, 240fps) or 2.7k (30 fps, 60fps). (Or lower.)

But it doesn't work (only shows audio file) when I am recording in 2.7k (120fps) or 4k (with any frame rate).

And the same in After Effects.

Is there any way to fix it.

It is so frustrating.

Thanks for any help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 09, 2017 Dec 09, 2017

GoPro had a section of the manual for their GoPro Studio app on why the codec they use in camera (while admirably suited for getting a LOT of data reduced and recorded quickly) is horrid for editing, and should be replaced during editing with Cineform transcodes ...

Neil

GoPro Cineform Manual why convert.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 08, 2017 Dec 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't use gopro, but I have read several messages that converting to cineform will allow editing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 09, 2017 Dec 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GoPro had a section of the manual for their GoPro Studio app on why the codec they use in camera (while admirably suited for getting a LOT of data reduced and recorded quickly) is horrid for editing, and should be replaced during editing with Cineform transcodes ...

Neil

GoPro Cineform Manual why convert.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GoPro Studio is no longer available.

You have to google for a download site that offers the program.

Can you upload a short clip that does not work for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wasn't suggesting the OP use the program ... just quoting GoPro's excellent advice to transcode. Which Media Encoder can do quite well overnight, of course. And the suggestion the OP provide a short clip that's troublesome for some of us to test is excellent.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 10, 2017 Dec 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Media Encoder wont work as OP cannot import all media.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2019 Nov 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the good info, I just chatted with GoPro support and I have to confess that their technical knowledge level is pretty low!

Didn't hear about it, they just told to use GoPro files directly in Premiere! No need any conversion!

Support rep. also double checked with her other team members!

Do you have any suggestion for the best possible choice? Media Encoder can do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 09, 2019 Nov 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MediaEncoder should be able to transcode the GoPro clips. You can setup watch folders with specific settings, so say if you drag/drop clips into those folders with MediaEncoder "open" ... it will automatically start processing that media according to the specification you set up for that watched folder.

And Me is set to be able to run when Premiere isn't taking resources but immediately back down when it needs "horses". Or of course, to do something like this overnight.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2020 Feb 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just bought Premiere 2020 to edit H.265 1080p 119,88 fps files. Which preset from Media Encoder should I choose to get proper 1080p 119,88 fps file for editing in Premiere?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2020 Mar 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You dont use AME for footage with variable framerate. Audio will be auto of sync.

Use Handbrake instead and convert to constant framerate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines