• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can't see masks edges

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyine I hav e a little problem.

Everytime I add a mask I can't see its edges. The mask works fine and I can resize it, rotate it and do whatever I want but I cant see the path around it so it's not very easy to work on it.

Is there any shortcut I don't know that I can use? Some button to toggle the visibility of the path on and off? Is it a bug? I did the update to cc 2017 yesterday I don't know if that could be the reason.

Thank you in advance for your help.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

Hi Matteobertizzi85,

Try the following steps,

1. Create a new project in Premiere Pro CC 2017, Import the project file(.Prproj) created in CC 2015 into it using File > Import & check the mask edges.

If issue persists,

2. Go to the following location in the machine

In Windows, C:\Users\UserName\Documents\Adobe\Premiere Pro\11.0 (Or)

In Mac, Documents > Adobe > Premiere Pro > 11.0

Rename the 11.0 folder to Old_11.0

Launch Premiere Pro, Create a new project(do not open Old projects)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Matteobertizzi85,

1. Have you selected the mask in the Effect Controls panel?Mask.JPG

2. Is this happening with all projects?

Please provide us more information about the issue.

FAQ: What information should I provide when asking a question on this forum?

Thanks,

Vidya Sagar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer, yes the mask is selected in the effects control panel.

I tried five different projects and in one of them the masks worked perfetcly, in two of them the edges showed up in only one timeline not in the other two I have inside the same projet and in two of them the edges didn't show up at all.

This is how it looks

mask not ok.JPG

but, as I said, it worked fine in one project

mask_ok.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Matteobertizzi85,

Try the following steps,

1. Create a new project in Premiere Pro CC 2017, Import the project file(.Prproj) created in CC 2015 into it using File > Import & check the mask edges.

If issue persists,

In Menu bar, Window > Workspace > Uncheck Import Workspace from Projects.

Open the old project & check the Mask Edges.

Please let us know the status of the issue.

Thanks,

Vidya Sagar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

The second solution worked perfectly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue in premiere 2017, even when creating a brand new project and creating a mask from scratch i don't see the mask itself however it is doing the masking.  I tried the suggestions you gave and it had no effect.  When I select the mask or any of its settings in the effects control I get a  momentary jump or shearing in the program monitor but no mask.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2016 Nov 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got same issue on 2 devices in premiere 2017

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2018 Aug 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2016 Dec 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem and neither of these worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 03, 2016 Dec 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rather than posting on what seems to be an answered thread, such that those fellow users like me don't think to look at it, I'd suggest starting a new thread. Even if the issue seems the same, if the fixes posted for it do NOT apply to your situation, it is likely you have a different problem.

Posting a "clean" new query is the best way to make it clear to everyone you've got an issue not solved by previously posted 'fixes'. And ... I'd also note in your post, that you've tried X, Y, Z, and changed the bath water also, and none worked.

Saves everybody time and finger-strain on our keyboards.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2017 Jan 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same problem and all what was written does not wokr for me. I have installed two versions of Premiere Pro. This is the problem. 1st is CS6 and 2nd is CC 2017 11.0.0.154. Why? For older computer is a better version CS6. It is much faster and has a better interface(I like it). But CC version has new features such as tracking mask. It is not perfect but it speeds up the work. I spent a lot of time looking for solutions. I found solution that works for me.

1. Create a new Windows user. (right click on computer icon\Manage\Local users and groups\users (right click new user)\ name “new”(everything) uncheck user must change password.. \check password never expires\OK

2. Add administrator permissions. (right click on “new” user \properties\member of\add\specify\find\administrator\OK

3. Log off the current account.

4. Log in as a “new” user.

That is all. It works perfectly.

windows 7 64bit

Premiere Pro CS6 and CC2017

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This also worked for me on pc and PP CC 11.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue and didn't think it would be related to workspaces until I read this. In my case, I simply reset to saved workspace and that solved the issue. It was way simpler.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2016 Nov 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue persists in Premiere Pro CC 2017, even though the workaround above have been followed. The mask edges are not seen or showing up.

In fact, creating a new project, with new files, and applying effects with pen tool, with and without MPE, still can't see the masks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2016 Nov 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seem to have found the solution. In addition to following the above workaround, I did the following:

->  RENAME also any folders for previous installations of Premiere to OLD_(your version)

In Menu bar, Window > Workspace > Uncheck Import Workspace from Projects.

Open the old project & check the Mask Edges.

- > IN THE MENU BAR, Windows> Workspace > SELECT EDITING.

Now all my previous projects display the Mask Edges properly. Creating new ones no longer an issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2017 Jan 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Adobe answer provided by Vidya doesnt work for me but switching to the 'effects' workspace at the top of the screen does make the handles come back. Not the best solution as I've just bought an annual subscription and found my first bug in 7 minutes, but at least i can keep working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 30, 2017 Jan 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try the other things that worked for several other users? Renaming the Users/ ... /11.0 folder, creating a new user account?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Renaming the file - yes... didn't work.

Creating a new user account - I'm not creating and logging in as a new user account to get around an obvious bug in this $65 a month software. Had no issues with cc 2015.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Creating a new user account - I'm not creating and logging in as a new user account to get around an obvious bug in this $65 a month software. Had no issues with cc 2015."

Ahh. So, the very easy to test possible fix (and definitely not guaranteed) will not be tested because you'd rather be mad at Adobe. That's fine.

I know, at times some folks prefer to limp along and yell rather than fixing the limp. I don't always understand it, but I know it happens.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creating a whole new Microsoft account is not a fix. It is a workaround until Adobe repair the obvious bug.

If i create a new user account, Windows 10 and all associated stuff pertaining to my Microsoft account like office 365, my network, business and attached computers will all become my new problem... and a problem far bigger, expensive and more time consuming than missing Mask handles on Premiere.

I'm not mad at Adobe at all. My first post was to help users with my workaround that worked for me where the above workarounds and fixes didn't work. Also to help Adobe so that they can see that the above is not a FIX for everyone.

Thought it might help someone but already I'm just wasting time defending myself on forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My apologies ... sincerely.

For many users, a new Windows User Account is a quick thing to set up. Doesn't involve deleting or changing any other, just creating a new one, and testing the program through that account. Apparently, in your situation/office, it's much more complicated than that. I should not have assumed otherwise.

And looking back, I didn't acknowledge that you'd added a workaround to the thread as a possible help for others. I should have.

Thanks for doing so!

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 25, 2017 Feb 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DamnThemaps  wrote

Creating a whole new Microsoft account is not a fix. It is a workaround until Adobe repair the obvious bug.

If i create a new user account, Windows 10 and all associated stuff pertaining to my Microsoft account like office 365, my network, business and attached computers will all become my new problem... and a problem far bigger, expensive and more time consuming than missing Mask handles on Premiere.

I'm not mad at Adobe at all. My first post was to help users with my workaround that worked for me where the above workarounds and fixes didn't work. Also to help Adobe so that they can see that the above is not a FIX for everyone.

Thought it might help someone but already I'm just wasting time defending myself on forums.

Well, bugs are upsetting, so there's nothing to apologize for.  I'm really discouraged by this bug myself, finding no solution, and clearly Adobe needs to publicly acknowledge their bug, confirm that it's on their agenda to fix, then get back to us when it's fixed.  That's standard industry practice as well as a minimum level of customer service.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not a solution but a workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2018 Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a very easy solution that works for me on CC2019:

Resize the "Program: Name" window where you see your real time video edit (where you are supposed to see your mask).

On some of my workspaces (edit / color etc.) sometimes the mask is here, then no more. The issue for me came from the "resolution" if I can say so, of my Program window, its size on my screen. If i make it bigger or smaller, playing a bit with it, the mask somehow reappear and I can work with it again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines