• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I Can't Use Text Properties with MOGRT Files

New Here ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've looked at Adobe forums for this but still have not found a solution. 

Attached are two photos. One is my Essential Graphics panel, where I am able to edit the Text Properties of a MOGRT files. One is the same panel, same file, where I cannot edit the Text Properties - they don't even show up.

Pretty much all of these MOGRT templates I have downloaded from Envato Elements, and Text Properties was available. Now any time I use these MOGRT files, Text Properties is not available. 

I assume this is due to either a new version of PP or switching from my iMac 2017 to MacBook Pro 2018. Either way, why would Adobe allow this to happen in earlier versions, and then take it away? It should NOT be how the original MOGRT file was edited, because I have been able to do it with all other MOGRT files in the past, until recently. 

Hopefully I can get some clarity on this and not just be told to go edit the MOGRT file in After Effects. I don't have AA and would rather not download it just to re-edit hundreds of templates I have downloaded. They should already be editable. 

Thank you!

TOPICS
Effects and Titles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2020-10-06 at 6.41.32 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-10-06 at 6.43.45 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed.  I added a lower third template and can't find any of the text properities.  I need to simply change the tracking and can't.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'd have to take a look at several of the mogrts, but you must first understand the way their system works. The creator of the mogrt when done in Ae chooses which properties they want the editor in PrPro to be able to change, and includes those options in a special panel.

All other non-included options in building the mogrt are not then available for the editor in Ae. So one needs to know the intent of the maker: what controls did they want changeable, and what controls did they not want changeable?

This is for a very good reason. Say you are creating a mogrt for a specific company, and want certain text and color options. You include only the options that fit within the company's brand. Then no editor can select a non-appropriate color or font.

Many mogrts purchased from various companies (including Envato) do have limited options for the PrPro editor. Unless, of course, the editor opens them in Ae which then would allow changing everything.

My initial guess is that on those mogrts you purchased where you cannot change things, that was specifically done that way in the creation of that mogrt or you would have the option to change them.

Perhaps checking with Envato or whomever you got them from would be helpful.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines