Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I cant change the font for any text

Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

I have anissue with adobe premiere 2020 with not allowing me change the text for simple text. I thought the issue from the file I am working witih, but unfortunatily I tried that with new project and the issue still exist.

it is not reponding to me while I want to change the font ftom the list

My os is windows 10.

here is a image for the issue.11.jpg

TOPICS
Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Explorer , Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

I just ran into this problem and here's what worked for me:

• I restarted Premiere Pro (just in case).
  • Before opening a project, I went to Edit > Preferences > Graphics
  • Under "Missing Font Replacement," I changed it to "Arial Regular" (there was an odd font there). 
  • Then I created a new project and pulled in a photo just to be able to put text on top of it; I was able to change the font. So I closed that project and opened the last one I had been working on and added a text layer; I was again able to

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022

Please open Premiere Pro from Creative Cloud Desktop, then all your activated fonts will be available again

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to make sure ... first you click in and select-all the text in the box, then change the font ... right?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes exactly , that is what I have done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It could be one of several problems:

1. Your preferences need a reset

2. A font you have installed might be corrupt

3. You may need to uninstall and reinstall PP

If you have any other Adobe application e.g. After Effects, PS, ID etc you can try to change fonts and see what happens.

If its fine then I would recommend an uninstall of PP and a fresh install

Let us know how it goes

Mo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mo,

I reset the preferences with premiere but the issue not solved yet.

All the font are working in other applications such as word ,Excel and power point without any issue.

I tried with AE and photoshop , they are working fine without any problems.(attached images).

Actually,I have faced this issue since 2 year when Itried AP2018 then 2019 and now with 2020.

Really I am so confused about this issue in my windows computer whereass in my mac no issue.

Regards,

Ahmed1.jpg2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever any solution I have the same problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just ran into this problem and here's what worked for me:

• I restarted Premiere Pro (just in case).
  • Before opening a project, I went to Edit > Preferences > Graphics
  • Under "Missing Font Replacement," I changed it to "Arial Regular" (there was an odd font there). 
  • Then I created a new project and pulled in a photo just to be able to put text on top of it; I was able to change the font. So I closed that project and opened the last one I had been working on and added a text layer; I was again able to change the font.

I don't know why that worked, but it did! So, give that a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2020 Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great tip! I was having the same problem, tired the above and it worked 🙂 Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Changing the font in "Missing Font Replacement" worked for me as well. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me as well... Phew! I had installed a new font and immediately had the issue of not being able to change the font in Effect Controls. Thanks so much, JG_HitachiPG! It worked and I didn't have to spend hours going down a rabbit hole of frustration!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me too! Thanks 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2020 Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes!! Thank you so much. Worked for me too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Thank you so much! Worked for me as well and I didn't even need to restart Premiere Pro or close the subject, just saved me an headache!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue this morning and oddly enough, this solution worked. Not gonna ask questions, but gotta get back to editing lol.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

worked for me! (without a restart even)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you that worked for me! 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scary. Worked for me. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2023 Dec 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Windows firewall was blocking some features of PP, so I said. Allow on the message and fonts started working again. It might be because some fonts were activated by CC and not directly installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

i just updated my Pr and when i add a new text i have some problems with witing,  when i write in English or Arabic it shows sembols, i didnt find the solution, any help guys???

Screenshot_3.png 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 03, 2021 Apr 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hozayfa,

I responded to your post re Caption. You are in the new Caption workspace, and it may behave differently.

The default replacement font may affect this, but it did not for one user in the new captions.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh my goodness, I don't even know why that worked but thank you so much!! 

That was so frustrating, now back to editing! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes this worked. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solution worked right away! Didn't have to restart project, just go to Edit - Preferances - Graphics - and change missing font replacement to Arial Regular. 

Thank you!!! This really bothered me until now:)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please open Premiere Pro from Creative Cloud Desktop, then all your activated fonts will be available again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only this solution worked for me, not the highlighted answer.
Thanks so much for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines