• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing MP4 files from Canon XA40 with CS6

New Here ,
May 14, 2022 May 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just bought a Canon XA40 camcorder.  It shoots MP4.  I am using CS6.  It will let me import the file, however when I try to open it to edit it, it just says 'media pending' and never opens.  Does CC support these files (both 1080 and 4K)?

TOPICS
Formats , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022
  I'm going to need software that will let me import them as they are.  

By @Gayle Stokes

When upgrading hardware, in this case a camera, one usually needs to upgrade the software as well;

Premiere CC won't have issues with the files. Providing your machine is powerful enough to handle CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 15, 2022 May 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try changing the mxf extention to mpg.

Are these 4K intra frame?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2022 May 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Some were 4k, others 1920 x 1080.   I was just testing the different settings.  I did discover I could use Adobe media encoder to change them to .mov.  and that seemed to work.  But that will be very time consuming when I go to edit a 30 to 40 minute project using hundreds of clips!  I'm going to need software that will let me import them as they are.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try changing the extention instead of transcoding

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm going to need software that will let me import them as they are.  

By @Gayle Stokes

When upgrading hardware, in this case a camera, one usually needs to upgrade the software as well;

Premiere CC won't have issues with the files. Providing your machine is powerful enough to handle CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2022 May 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

changing the extension didn't help.  And when I went back to encode some more practice files, I couldn't get Adobe Media Encoder to work with them either.  So I'm afraid upgrading to CC is my only option.   It's too bad Adobe no longer offers a one-time buy-in software --  this is only a hobby for me -- I'm just making memories of our trips, so I'm not making any money.  And I'm retired, so I'm not earning a paycheck to support my hobby!  Thanks for the help.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines