• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Individual Letter Kerning Shortcuts on the Keyboard...

Explorer ,
Apr 27, 2018 Apr 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel like I had solved this once, but my machine got replaced and I can't find the answer again.  I see several people asking the question, but no answer.  I can no longer kern between two letters quickly using Alt and left and right arrows.  I can only do it inside the EGP.  That is not reasonable for the amount of quick kerning I need to be able to do.  Is there a solution for this? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 27, 2018 Apr 27, 2018

In Keyboard Shortcuts, search for Kerning and add the keystrokes you want to use to kern text.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Keyboard Shortcuts, search for Kerning and add the keystrokes you want to use to kern text.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  I knew it was something dumb and simple, but just couldn't come up with it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, take away the solved. I just tried it on my system and the added keyboard shortcuts don't work. Leading keyboard shortcuts work but kerning do not.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked perfect for me.  I replaced ALT-arrows with kern 1 increment, and it works perfect... but it only works with graphics you build in Premiere straight on the timeline (new title tool).  If it's an Essential Graphics template piece, you cannot kern as far as I can tell, so I have abandoned all Essential Graphics templates and am back to building in AE or new title tool.  I'm on a Mac - haven't tried it on my PC setup. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good that it worked for you. I was trying it on a graphic created by using the text tool in the Program Monitor and could not get kerning to function via the keyboard commands.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Even odder, I just created a piece of text in the program monitor, and I can kern most letters, but I cannot get between a Capital T and lower case h... "Th" . What the heck...  So frustrating that basic stuff just doesn't work as it should. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines