Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

iPhone 4s Video - Serious Sync Issues Eliminate Premiere as a tool

Dec 08, 2011 Dec 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was excited to see how great the video is from the iPhone 4s.  I have taken one hour 1080P videos of lectures that look great.  However, when pulled into Premiere (CS5), the sound goes out of sync to the point that it is unusable after about seven minutes.  I have checked the original file (.MOV) using QT - it plays perfectly.  Indeed, I can trim and split the file using QT and I know that creating a bunch of small videos to link in Premiere would be a solution of sorts. 

What is the deal?  No ability by Adobe to handle MOV files and the screwy indexing they use?  Disappointing. 

Or have I missed something?  The sync problem is apparent in the source window - before I add to sequence. Any ideas?  Has anyone tried this with an iPhone 4S video beyond 10 minutes?

Brad

TOPICS
Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 02, 2015 Sep 02, 2015

1- Download Handbrake.

2- Change from Variable Frame Rate to Constant Frame Rate.

3- Import to PPro.

Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2018 Dec 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Premiere CS 5.5 version and obtained a purchase copy of it.

Mostly use Photoshop for my still photography but wanted to have a step up

from Premiere Elements

that does accept MOV format.

Take Care

LAB

[Personal information removed by moderator.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 10, 2018 Dec 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does, in fact, accept the MOV format.  I compile videos of MOV, AVCHD, DV, And MP4, all in the same sequence, with no problems whatsoever with audio.  I still have to color balance, which means... ...INGESTING THE VIDEO TO A COMMON FORMAT.  Oh, wait... ...I actually already do that... ..WHY?

Even apple iMovie has to RE-encode before you use the files.  The reason?  The stabilizer in the camera will drop frames when it senses camera shake.  Apple uses a high-en motion interpolation algorithm to blend a frame, which goes a bit beyond the adobe FRAME BLENDING method or the OPTICAL FLOW, but you only really have access to it when you purchase final cut or compressor.  Without those, you only have access to a frame blending algorithm similar to that of premiere.

GET THIS!!!  LOL!  YOUR AUDIO IS NOT OUT OF SYNC!  YOUR VIDEO FRAMES ARE!  HA HA!... ....Okay, now away from the sarcastic clowny happy face fake laughs with absolutely nothing to do with this... ...But yeah, your video frames are missing because they were deleted by the camera.  You need to INGEST the video, or REENCODE IT to get the frames back, or have it retime the audio which can have some weird pitch effects.  I suggest blending frames... DO it in adobe media encoder and you won't have a problem.  Handbrake also works, with some higher quality and higher end codecs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines