• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to replace the audio from a clip that is already edited on the timeline?

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2024 Apr 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The original raw clip is a 17 minutes long interview,  I replaced it's audio for an external mic audio they used, but the mic's audio was terrible (constant buzzing background noise and low general audio).

I edited it like this anyways and the final sequence is now only 7 min long.

But a friend solved the noise problems on Audition and I replaced the new audio on the sequence with only the long interview. So now I have the new version with the good audio but only for the 17 min long original video.

Is it possible to replace the audio for the other sequence without having to do it manually? Since that means having to edit everything again.

I already tried "Replace With Clip > From Source Monitor, Match Frame" and "Replace With Clip > From Source Monitor" but it did not work, but I could probably have done it wrong since I am not that experienced in Premiere Pro.

I also tried just synchronizing just in case, but it also did not work.

I feel that there is an easier way to do it without having to edit it all over again.

TOPICS
Audio , Editing , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 24, 2024 Apr 24, 2024

Save your project and make a copy in case it goes wrong. Select the audio footage you used for your edit in the project panel, right click and select 'Replace footage' and replace with the new improved version. This should work if the new audio is the same length and has matching timecode.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Save your project and make a copy in case it goes wrong. Select the audio footage you used for your edit in the project panel, right click and select 'Replace footage' and replace with the new improved version. This should work if the new audio is the same length and has matching timecode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It worked! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines