• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is Premiere Pro compatible with macOS 11 High Sierra

Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2017 Sep 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is Premiere Pro compatible with macOS (10.13) High Sierra? I'm afraid to update macOS to find out Premiere doesnt work well anymore. Happened twice with previous macOS updates.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 26, 2017 Sep 26, 2017

Hi Basb,

I talked to product management. You should be good to go with macOS High Sierra right now. As an editor, I would not change the OS if I was in the middle of an important project, however.

Let us know how it goes!

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Asking first is a good start... as you said about twice having problems

You should NEVER update your operating system until you read reports from other users of the specific program

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm always amazed when a new OS ships, and some people immediately install ... which to me is inviting trouble with a capital T. Apple ships with a very short period of time these days for vendors of software/hardware to test and get their stuff working with it. So all those things that supposedly were only PC type issues with OS updates? Apple produces them now ... and the last couple OS's they've release have had some doozies.

Let others sort out the initial troubles, which will be there, and get your work done with your current software.

In a couple weeks, when there seems a consensus of how well it's working, think about upgrading.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank for your reply Neil. Personally I don't think vendors like Abobe are getting a short turnaround from Apple. For example, OS X Yosemite was announced and released to developers on June 2, 2014 at WWDC 2014 and released to public beta testers on July 24, 2014. Yosemite was released to consumers on October 16, 2014. It took Adobe more then 3 months to update Premiere Pro after the consumer release, which I think is unacceptable looking at the premium price and how many pro's rely on it. However, yes, waiting with an update is the smartest thing to do. But not the most exciting. Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From the aisle talk at NAB, a lot of vendors do not feel they get the support from Apple they used to. They're the ones that said that the time they used to get to adapt their products/firmware/software was longer, and ... more importantly, when they called Apple about an issue they got prompt attention. And/or help.

What I've heard is complaints running about things like getting far less help to sort out things, coupled with less time than they used to get. It wouldn't take shaving much time off the release for testing to release to public period when coupled with less help to get things changed ... to make some vendors feel rather shortchanged these days.

Probably just "modern life". Every one runs shorter cycles now it seems.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Basb,

I talked to product management. You should be good to go with macOS High Sierra right now. As an editor, I would not change the OS if I was in the middle of an important project, however.

Let us know how it goes!

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro is crashing when I use multicam editing after upgrading to macOS High Sierra.

I've been trying almost everything but I've been unable to fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 02, 2017 Oct 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi DavidBel,

What exactly were you doing when you crashed? Were you launching the Multicamera Monitor? Were you switching cameras? Can we get more info on your system and media? Were there only 2 angles?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2017 Sep 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That’s great to hear. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2017 Sep 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't upgrade. I did and now Premiere Pro CC 2017 is worthless. Anything I try to play is totally choppy so it's super hard to edit. There are some issues that need to be worked out by Adobe before anyone should upgrade. I'm disappointed management said it should work fine - they obviously didn't test it themselves.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 30, 2017 Sep 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They do test this sort of thing and not surprising but most of the staffers I've met at NAB are more Mac comfortable than PC, though naturally it's a mixed shop.

However, that's still a relatively small base of machines. And probably none with exactly your mix of hardware, software, drivers and all.

Neither MS nor Apple have put out a new OS that hasn't had major issues for at least some users in quite a while. Which leads me towards professional caution.

And I don't understand why someone would SO rapidly migrate a crucial machine to a new OS. Surely, it wasn't necessary. A couple more weeks or a month should have been no issue.

But again, I don't like adding risk to my workflow. I can accomplish that easily enough at times without jumping on new app or OS versions.

But that's me.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 02, 2017 Oct 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New project or updated project, Nathan?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2017 Nov 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Crashola...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Its 1/25/18 and yesterday I upgraded to High Sierra and now all the video runs choppy and lags in time. Has anyone figureed this out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded Premier, and that helped a little. I am so sorry I upgrade to High Sierra. I will never trust Apple's upgrades again. Multi-cam edits crash my system every time. They changed the title tool, and my templates are not available. Still trying to work around all the problems that the OS upgrade caused....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using Open CL? Try changing to Metal or Software. That stopped the multicam crashing for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2018 Jan 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the information. I will try that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2017 Oct 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it still doesn't work. My issue is a tad different. I can't even click on buttons in the project window. I can't import unless I drag the files from my drive to Premiere. But even afterward, I can't highlight or select them. It's almost as if it's frozen. I can still access file menu and such, but can't do anything on the workstation at all. This is a huge inconvenience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2017 Oct 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have they tested ProRes render files yet for issues. I ran High Sierra on a brand new Premiere Pro projecy all of the ProRes renders play normally yet have odd problems and failures when brought into other programs. Please ask the engineers to take a deep look into whether there are issues in the headers of some odd frame issue that might be causing unseen problems with ProRes exports from Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read your answer, but its not a confident answer I just purchased a new MackBook Pro which comes with High Sierra installed, so should I install PPCC or should I wait?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some users are working fine, some with issues, some not at all. I think you'd have to test on that rig. Sorry, but it's the best answer available right now, probably.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2017 Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having major problems with crashing at various functions, particularly when adjusting titles AND when trying to export my projects.

Any new solutions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 15, 2017 Dec 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree.  As a paying customer and shareholder, I expect a higher level of service.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2017 Oct 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated to Mac OS 10.13 without checking compatibility and boy was that a big mistake......

Screen Shot 2017-10-06 at 2.42.52 AM.png

Crashed as soon as video was imported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 06, 2017 Oct 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand an auto-reflex updating of  OS or PrPro versions without waiting for others to have the inevitable new-car issues. I hope you can revert for a while?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines