• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Kerning shortcut

Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On a PC, using "ALT" + left or right arrow keys have not worked for over a year now, just typing in the numbers in the kerning, which is a pain. Am I missing something?

TOPICS
User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you checked the Keyboard shortcuts dialog to make sure the shortcuts are still set to that?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a bunch, I just tired but seem to have trouble understanding how to set it up, even after reading this.. .https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-elements/using/customizing-shortcuts.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've figured out how to add shortcuts, but the kerning is still not working, even after rebooting PP. Please see screengrabkern.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes Windows interferes with the Alt-something keyboard shortcuts. Try remapping to say Alt-Shift-something and see if it works.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Neil. I tried it and it worked, and this is going to sound weird, but when I popped back in to try it again, it didn't work. Rebooted PP and still not working, but it did work on the first go. Ug

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Weird. Delete all your cache/media cache database files, and maybe after that, try Trash Preferences which is a bit of a pain but often works.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again Neil. I tried all that, reset the short cut to the one that worked temporarily but kerning still not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Huh. Wonder what the hay ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the kerning shortcut working for you? I'm on Windows 10 and back down to 14.0.4 after a bunch of glitches on the latest release. So weird it worked for a bit, then nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kerning was working perfectly fine here till I tried to help you! lol ...

I did a number of things with it this afternoon, no problems. And a few minutes ago, went back to test again ... zip, nada, nothing moving whatever.

Consider the issue confirmed. If you haven't filed a report on the UserVoice system by the time I check in tomorrow, I will. Not good behavior.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Neil, and sorry this became an issue for you as well. Someone reported back in 2018 thru UserVoice, the same time it stopped working for me, but it seems like it's still an issue for anyone. Posting in that some thread and voting it up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I haven't had an issue with kerning shortcuts ... and they've only been usable in the EGP technically since last April. I've used them regularly. So ... weird.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines