Looking for a keyboard shortcut to "Edit Search Bin..."
Haven't found it. I'm assuming no such thing exists, but on the off chance there's hack or it's hiding under a secret name...
Why not use "New Search Bin"?
• "New Search Bin" creates a item in the project and is named after the search requested. The more you create, the more they proliferate, and because of the auto-naming they tend to scatter about and create clutter.
• "Edit Search Bin" accommodates a custom-named Search Bin. It's created once, named once, and stays put in (assuming an alphabetical sort). Only the contents evolve.
Why not just use the "Filter Bin Content" instead of a Search Bin?
• "Filter Bin Content" hunting through a project with a mere 800 items seizes up PPro while it scours. And because it's a search 'On Keystroke' It even seizes mid typing, before you've completed your request, triggering multiple requests per attempt.
• "Edit Search Bin..." by contrast triggers only begins after term and the results are, for whatever reason, much much faster.
• "Filter Bin Content" creates a more often confusing UI outcome: Sub bins, even empty ones, remain visible, representing empty hierarchies which typically are more distracting than helpful.
• A "Search Bin" by contrast only represents found Project Items in flat view form -- no hierarchies. It leaves the overall UI of your Project Panel and any Bin Panels intact. Only the Search Bin changes. A "what you need only -- right when you need it"
What about the generic "Find" Popup (Command-F)?
• "Find" workflow is linear: select and highlight the next Project Item in your search criteria. There's no overview, just a next, next, next, next approach to discovering items.
• "Search Bins" immediately return a comprehensive overview of everything turned up in the search.
So using "Edit Search Bin" works best for us.
We can literally abandon the bins, sub-bins, sub-sub-sub bins, hierarchy inherited from OS and find stuff much quicker with a metadata-based approach to organzation.
Even without an "Edit Search Bin..." keyboard shortcut -- using the context menu (right-click) -- it's by far the fastest way to retrieve items.