• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Linear wipe completion doesn´t work!?!?

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I´ve used the Linear wupe-effect a lot... but suddently it doesn´t work!?

When setting the Transition completion nothing happens from 0-99%, and then from 99-100 everything dissaperas (the entire image)....If I am trying a different, bigger, image (im working with images right now) the transition completion works från i e 0-70%... and after 70 the entire image dissapears. It´s like the effect is "cutting" off strangely and prematurly.

I´ve tried different image-types (PNG, JPG) and different sequence settings. But still the same result....

If I´m trying the effect on a video it works fine.

Can anyone please help me!?

Im using a PC and Premiere 13.1.5 (build 47).  

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found a solution. If I individually Nest each image (nesting on just that one file that is) - the linear wipe works the way it is supposed to after that. This really is a bug in Premiere I assume!?

Well well.... helps me going forward..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 07, 2021 Jul 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having exactly the same issue.  CC2020 on Catalina.  Can only assume it's a bug.

Your workaround works though thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the still resized to fit the sequence, nesting it might force the correct pixel size. This might be upsetting the wipe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it is.  It's a lower res still image in a UHD sequence.  I had added an simple zoom with motion keyframes.  Nesting the clip fixes the wipe, but the motion keyframes then don't work in the main sequence.  They do work when I look at the nested sequence but won't play back in the main one.  That means I have to add motion keyframes to the nest which is a bit of a faff since the nest reverts to 100% making it harder for me to match the motion to what I had on the original clip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try eliminating the nest but leaving the still at its original size (no set to frame size or scale to frame size option in use). Then apply your motion animation and wipe and see how it goes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines