• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Loud pop sounds, no audio and laggy video playback

Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2018 Apr 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today I've faced many sudden and very loud pop/crackle sounds. Just out of the blue.

After that Premiere plays no sound even though video plays smoothly and I see the sound playing in the audio meter.

Sound is back after relaunch. It's just annoying when it happens every half an hour and the pop sound is so loud I'm scared it'll break the speakers and my ears.

EDIT: The pop seems to happen after I've dragged a clip from source monitor to timeline.

Also I have to close all the bins with thumbnails before relaunching. Otherwise I won't have any playback.

Today is the deadline and I've spent half of my time working around these bugs. I'm already thinking about moving to a more trustable program, since these problems with new updates keep appearing. I hope I won't have to!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue with the Audio Pop on my interviews. It is so frustrating that I can't even think of a way to get around it since the interview on my timeline is already cut.

I have tried unlink - then link media; clean all caches, but no luck yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had this many years ago.  The fix was to export just the audio off the timeline to a wav file.  Then place that file onto a new track and mute the others, before rending the final video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried lots of version of it.

1) Export it through Audition as wav, bring it back, duplicate sequence, place the wav export on timeline, export. Still not working.

2) S/M trick also is a no go for me.

3) Play the entire sequence from top and export right after. Also not working.

@preferling, Is there anything else you have tried to get rid of the popping? If you could give me any other hints, that would be much appreciated. I am in the middle of a very big project

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where are the pops occurring?  Is there any consistency?  Do they occur at cut points?  Keys? Or with FX applied?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happens randomly a few seconds apart. Mostly around middle of each clip. I can't really crossfade, because it doesn't peek in audio too. I guess I could try crossfading the audio if it's the last option, but this is a big documentary project and even the assembly isn't done, it would require lots of extra work in between revisions 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this only evident in the edit session, and the rendered file sounds fine?  Then you have a sound driver issue.  If you have more than one audio source, does switching that in the audio hardware panel, help?  What OS/audio hardware are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi heikkin,

Still having this issue? Let us know. I would make sure that the sequence settings and clip settings for audio are matching. Are they?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2018 May 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi! Thanks for asking. I haven't faced the issue for some time now.

There was a backgroud music playing at 44100 Hz while everything else was 48000 Hz. Could that have been the issue? I've never had this kind of a problem before. I think it sounded more like something related to sound card. After the pop sound Premiere went muted while all other applications had working audio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines