• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Loudness Radar in Premiere Pro for master control

Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2013 Jul 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can get LM (loudnss Radar) to work on individual tracks, but can it work through the Master output, also I thought you should be able to export your clips as an audio sequence to go to Auditions "as is" into a multitrack configuration, so you are not disturbing your sequence settings and alignment, I can't seem to achieve this. Also in the timeline (PP) can you select a number of ie Titles around the program window as a group as opposed to individual.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 25, 2013 Jul 25, 2013

Follow these steps

1,.png

2.png

3.png

Hope this does the trick.

Peter Garaway

Adobe

Premiere Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 25, 2013 Jul 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Radar works fine on the Master track.  Not sure about the others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jim, I was actually trying to find out HOW to get it to work on the master output as there are NO instructions or tutorials available, anyone else out there!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same way you get it to work on the other tracks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry Jim, I wasn't aware this was a cryptic forum, I'm simply trying to find out how to get the loudness radar to work on the master output, we can drop it onto a clip in the sequence and go to effects and launch the loudness radar, but we cannot find a way for us to see the loudness radar as the final output, we can in audition but not Premiere, we have just started using CC this week, went to a seminar in Melbourne and are trying to utilise the new effects and plug ins, trust me if there was a tutorial I would be on it and not on a forum.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

we can drop it onto a clip in the sequence

I honestly didn't know you could do that.  I've only ever seen the effect at the track level, like Peter shows, so I assumed you were doing it that way.  Your claim of success applying it to 'tracks' only furthered that misconception.

Sorry.

(On a side note, this is one reason why proper terminology can be important in these forums.  Applying an audio effect to a clip and applying it to a track are two different things accomplished in two different ways.  You can't use those terms interchangeably. )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Enable the Loudness Radar on your Master track. See image

LM.png

Peter Garaway

Adobe

Premiere Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter, thanks so much for your reply, we are getting somewhere now! we are missing an important element in the master control section on top, how do we launch the Loudness standard element section as is on your master fader? it is not sitting in our master fader section?

Mick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Follow these steps

1,.png

2.png

3.png

Hope this does the trick.

Peter Garaway

Adobe

Premiere Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much Peter, Easy precise explanation. it is now working wonderfully. Have a good weekend!

Mick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2013 Nov 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This process will put the LKFS (Loudness Radar) on the master track, however from the testing I've performed it does not actually reflect the master output from all tracks. You can test this by enabeling the loudness radar on the master track, then soloing the individual tracks as you monitor the loudness radar.

What i've found is that although the Loudness Radar is placed on the master track, it is still only monitoring the LKFS for track A1. (assuming you've used a multitrack sequence.) I can tell this, because the Loudness monitor only tracks the audio from A1 and does notthing with A2 or A3 etc solo'd.

I still haven't found a way to monitor the LKFS of the overall out put by placing the Loudness Radar on the master track.

If anyone has any suggestions or updates on this, it would be great.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 18, 2013 Nov 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not seeing that same behavior here.  Putting any of the tracks into Solo mode will reduce the overall loudness, and this is indeed reflected in the Radar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 23, 2014 Oct 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't suppose there's a way to monitor the loudness after the levels for the Master Track are taken into account, is there?

I.e. you realize your loudness is too hot, so you drop your master level. But because the radar is an effect, it's getting processed before the master level and doesn't reflect it. Do I have this right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 24, 2014 Oct 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not at my editor at the moment so I can't be specific. Make sure the loudness radar 'effect' is the last in the list in the master fader effects rack. There is also an option to make each effect pre or post fader, make sure it is post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2015 Mar 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is the option to make the Loudness Radar POST fader in Premier Pro CC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 08, 2015 Mar 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right click on the Loudness Radar Effect in the mixer panel

Post fader.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2015 Mar 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah yes! Thanks much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

faef61ea-4927-4f34-9019-097ebac5acfc.jpeg

preciso de ajuda o meu radar só aparece assim sem número, ele está assim tanto no premier quanto no audition. Alguém pode me ajudar??? Já dessinstalei e instalei o programa uma 3X e nada.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi DanilosI have exactly the same problem as you. No numbers shown in the loudness radar. Did you get any helb to solve the problem I also de- and reinstalled 3 times.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines