core: 2.7 GHz i7

Links to error material:

Dropbox - Adobe lol

Program: Premiere pro CC, latest update

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Jan 23, 2017 Jan 23, 2017

Hey guys, 10.12.3 just dropped and I think you might want to take a look...

- Resolves graphics issues while encoding Adobe Premiere Pro projects on MacBook Pro with Touch Bar (13- and 15-inch, October 2016).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,
Jan 18, 2017 Jan 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im experiencing constant crashing on my Late 2013 MacPro with fire pro D700 cards. This is not isolated to 2016 MacBook Pros, didn't have any of these issues on PPCC2016. Switching to Metal made it even worst. On Metal I can't even play C100 footage (MXF), even the 720p proxies would play super choppy. But when on Open CL I can play the footage with no issues but then comes back random crashes. My system crashes on RED,H.264,ProRes... no matter what codec. on PPCC2016 I was able to edited RED 6K footage natively with no issues. this is really frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2017 Jan 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MacBook Pro - Late 2016 (touchbar) 2.9GHz i7, Radeon Pro 460, 16GB Ram, 1TB SSD

Got it on Friday 13, started with a lot of kernel panics errors then after several clean installs I start rendering a project into Premiere Pro CC2017... The system crash (GPU) and I had to force restart the laptop. I notice that when its rendering the touchbar is frozen sometimes... I think a big fault it has to be by apple side also because I'm having a lot of crashes without using premiere but those are kernel panics... the only crashes that I get with premiere are GPU errors and also the touchbar is frozen when its rendering....

On Monday 16 I was with the laptop and drop it at the service... they call me today and said that they did all the verification and all the tests today and everything its working fine... but.. idk

Brand New MacBook Pro 2017 Graphics card freaking out and a lot of crashes (new UPDATE) - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2017 Jan 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey.

Same problems here with the GPU Radeon Pro 450.

Trying to learn how to use FCPX.... quite hard.

Pierre

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Everyone, I just got a Creative Cloud update for Premiere Pro, After Effects, Audition, Media Encoder, and Prelude. Hope this is the fix we need!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm afraid its not. Kevin from Adobe mentioned on the long thread on this issue that this latest update does not yet include the bug fix for this issue:

Re: Graphics Issue on my macbook pro 2016 when using premiere

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jan 23, 2017 Jan 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys, 10.12.3 just dropped and I think you might want to take a look...

- Resolves graphics issues while encoding Adobe Premiere Pro projects on MacBook Pro with Touch Bar (13- and 15-inch, October 2016).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2017 Jan 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So just discovered this thread last night. I am on my second 15inch MacBook Pro in 2 months. Tons of crashing with adobe. Thankfully I saw jasontcox posted there was an update from apple pushed out yesterday. I ran the update last night, and all morning I have been pushing my system hard, running 4k footage through a hard drive and editing. So far so good. I am going to switch to the USB 3.0 hard drive and test some more. I recommend the update if you haven't done it. Seems to be working. I didn't spend $3k on a laptop to watch youtube videos. I need to edit, and it seems like Its working.

Thanks to all of you who started this thread and put information out there. jasontcox​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some of you speak about open CL and Metal, what is it ? And what do it influence on the problems ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OpenCL and Metal are forms of GPU (graphics card) Acceleration. They can make Premiere run faster/smoother in many scenarios. You see references to them every time you start a project in the initial Project setup dialog box under Renderer. If Renderer is grayed out for you, it likely means you don't have a dedicated GPU in your system. GPU acceleration is great most of the time, but has a tendency to have a higher probability of introducing "glitches in the Matrix," if you will.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 01, 2017 Feb 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bruce, the basic response is that it's fixed now so if you're angling for a MBP you can buy knowing it'll be fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 21, 2017 Feb 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

Since this issue was fixed with the macOS 10.12.3 update, let's close this thread right here [it is getting really long]. However, if anyone has the same issue, please feel free to create a new thread or post your comment here. A moderator will branch that to a new thread.

Thank you all,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines