• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Maximum time limit for footage?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently i tried importing a 25 hour and a 27 hour long audio file into premiere pro but an error popped up saying "ERROR CONFORMING FILE ( .CFA or something that i don't remember) " 

So, what do i do?

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Error or problem , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

If there was a way to remove the limit then there wouldn't be one in the first place. I can't give you a technical answer for why there's a limit, but I'm sure there's a good reason; maybe it has to do with code and exceeding the length of a day (calculating time on a computer is not as simple as you might think: http://www.csl.sri.com/users/neumann/cal.html)

You say it's an audiobook, but you also mention footage. Is there a visual component here? And especially if this is an audiobook, have

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Not sure how a timeline would look if you added a 25hr clip as the timcode numbers only go to 24hr.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere does have a 24 hour timeline limit, so that might apply to footage too. What are you trying to do with these super lengthy audio files? If you're only working with audio, have you tried importing them into Audition instead?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its an audiobook.

how to remove that 24 hour time limit?

if i edit any of the footage, i loose quality, besides i can't edit footages longer than 24 hours in other software too like vlc ( convert) 

i can't quite understand why software are not flexible with this time limit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If there was a way to remove the limit then there wouldn't be one in the first place. I can't give you a technical answer for why there's a limit, but I'm sure there's a good reason; maybe it has to do with code and exceeding the length of a day (calculating time on a computer is not as simple as you might think: http://www.csl.sri.com/users/neumann/cal.html)

You say it's an audiobook, but you also mention footage. Is there a visual component here? And especially if this is an audiobook, have you tried importing it into Audition, a dedicated audio editor?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure how a timeline would look if you added a 25hr clip as the timcode numbers only go to 24hr.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2020 Sep 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah i get it, but something like an auto splitting feature might be helpful....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2020 Sep 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i am impressed by your accuracy!😂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines