• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media Encoder will NOT render overlays for Proxy files

Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have made use of proxy files to speed up work flow in Premiere Pro. I have an Adobe logo to attach to the proxies as an overlay to make it easier to disern what I am looking at. Dispite ticking the box for the overlay, selecting the position, and having the opacity on 100. The overlay doesn't render into the file. 

Attached is a screenshot of my encoder preset settings. Let me know if you can spot the issue.

I am using Windows 10

I am filmed with a Sony A7s3 and a GoPro Hero 7 Black

I have tried Cineform and ProRes formats for proxies

Any help would be greatly appreciated as punching the desk doesn't seem to be working

Proxy overlay issue.pngInjest Problem.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this from the Using the Community forum (which is the forum for issues using the forums) to the Premiere Pro forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry! 

Thanks for doing that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you determining the logo is not there? You have to turn on the proxies on the program monitor. I don't use a logo, I use the Timecode option, that way it gives me something useful also.

MyerPj_0-1603136372000.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey thanks for responding.

So I am determining it in three ways. Firstly, in the preview window in AME during encoding, I can see that the logo isn't present on the proxy footage. 

Then, when I switch to proxies in Premiere using the proxy toggle button, the Logo isn't present.

And also when locating the proxy files and opening them up separately in VLC the logo isn't there.

I have also tried to use timecode to see if maybe the problem was the logo. But that also didn't work. 

I tried moving the logo into the center from bottom right. Didn't work

I tried moving the logo file into a different harddrive on my machine incase AME was having trouble selecting the directory path. Didn't work.

I'm running out of ideas to try

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You got the viewing down! 🙂 

It seems like PP is not using that preset for the encoding? Did you import it into PP? Are you going directly into ME? Maybe describe your workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*I filmed a day trip using my Sony A7s3 and my go pro

* Extracted footage onto my harddrive and imported the footage into Premiere Pro

*I followed a Matt Johnson tutorial to set up a proxy Encoder Preset (and Injest Preset) in Media Encoder https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b8VtZX62XA
*I downloaded the adobe logo from Matt's tutorial and linked that to the encoder preset

*Within Premiere Pro I selected the footage I want to make proxies for Right click - Proxy - Create Proxies 

*Selected Add injest preset and found the directory to the Injest preset created in AME 

*Media Encoder opens and begins encoding but without the logo overlay

Thanks for responding MyerPj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever solve this? I'm having the exact same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I didn't. However it randomly started working when I didn't change
anything. So now it sometimes works, sometimes doesn't. And that is rather
annoying

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2022 Nov 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here.  Have tried building encoding and ingest presets over and over, tweaking this and that slightly but can never get the image overlay to appear on the proxy renderings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2022 Dec 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also experiencing this exact same issue. Can any admins please address? Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2024 Mar 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm running into the exact same issue as mentioned above.  I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. There must be an explanation. A possible step that was overlooked in the process? It doesn't make sense that this is happening.  If anyone can shed some light on the issues please help.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines