• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media Offline - Dynamic Link Server issues

Explorer ,
Oct 11, 2023 Oct 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is getting so frustrating. A few months ago I could not use Media Encoder to render from Premiere. I was forced to render within Premiere. Last week everything was back to normal and I could render to ME. I started a new project yesterday and everything was good. I created an animated lower third in AE and imported it into PP. Today... it shows the AE file as offline and the only way it will show up is if I have the AE file open. This is a huge problem because I have multiple AE files embedded and can't have more than one open. Attempting to relink results in the pop-up Connecting to Dynamic Link server... displayed but never actually linking.

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 11, 2023 Oct 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi McAloney!

Sorry about the dynamic link issues. Are you on the same versions of Premiere and After Effects? If you use a lot of dynamic link, make sure you don't update in the middle of projects.

Do you have any firewall security systems installed? Sometimes that can block dynamic link. 

How long are you waiting while Connecting to Dynamic Link Server is loading? We'll use this info when we bring feedback to the product team.

Thanks!

Caroline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2023 Oct 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

test

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Caroline. I am using the same versions of both. I have not updated any apps mid project. Dynamic Link server does not connect. I've let it try to connect for about 10 minutes or so. If I try to import the AE file using, File - Adobe Dynamic Link but it says "Connecting to Dynamic Link server failed. I've also tried to send a job from Premiere Pro to Media Encoder and recieved an error message saying that Media Encoder is not installed. I can open Media Encoder so it is installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have firewall installed? Have you tried on a fresh user account? 

Mac: https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/set-up-other-users-on-your-mac-mtusr001/mac

PC: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-a-local-user-or-administrator-account-in-windows-...

I ask about the fresh user account because it could be related to user permissions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My account is setup through our company so I don't think I can create a fresh user account. I definitely cannot set up a new user on my PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines