• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Metadata search not working in Premiere Pro 14.6

New Here ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to tag sequences and things, using a text metadata column in the project panel. Latest version of Premiere Pro. Can add the column, can add the tags, search works once or twice and then for some reason just stops. Empty (see screenshot). Not sure if it is something I am doing wrong, a setting that needs to be adjusted or a bug. 

premiere-pro-problem.jpg

TOPICS
Error or problem , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 06, 2020 Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While I've not used the search function a lot lately I have in the past to help organize big projects. I just did some testing and I think you're right. There is something strange going on with the search functions. I'm on 14.6.0. For instance, I added a unique keyword to the metadata of a sequence in my project and then tried to recall it with the search bar. The sequence didn't show up. But then I added the unique keyword to the sequence name and then it showed up, of course. But what's interesting is that I removed the keyword from the sequence name and also all of the metadata. And when I searched the keyword that sequence still showed up in the search.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's right, @gerikp, I ended up just naming all the sequences with the keywords, which worked for search and I could complete the report, but then what's the point of a tags or keywords meta field? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should post something about this on the Premire Pro feedback page so the developers see it. https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Right, will do. They don't read this bit, then...why make life easy when you can make it difficult?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines