• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Methods for updating Motion Graphics from Ae to PPro

Enthusiast ,
Apr 24, 2017 Apr 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got a Motion Graphics Template in PPro imported via Essential Graphics from AE.

There are multiple instances of this Template used across multiple timelines in my PPro project.

The designer makes a change to the template in AE, re-exports it to Essential Graphics making the update available in PPro.

Questions:

- Is 'drag-and-drop to timeline' the only method of bringing the newly-updated Motion Graphics template into the PPro project?  I wasn't able to drag-and-drop to project panel nor to a bin in the project panel.

- How to update the outdated instances of the Motion Graphics template currently in the timeline with the newly-imported Motion Graphics template?  I know I can select all the instances of the template in a PPro timeline and use "Replace With Clip".  It works, but it requires I know where they all are, select them first?  That's a great option, especially the goal is to replace some but not all of the existing instances.  But what about a situation where the goal is to replace ALL old timeline instances across multiple sequences with the newly-imported template?  Is there a way to make a global change?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 24, 2017 Apr 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

- Is 'drag-and-drop to timeline' the only method of bringing the newly-updated Motion Graphics template into the PPro project?  I wasn't able to drag-and-drop to project panel nor to a bin in the project panel.

apparently so. the only way to have a source for your MG template is to drag it to the timeline. then you will have a new bin called Motion Graphics Template with your motion graphic templates.

Is there a way to make a global change?

I see what you mean. unfortunately the replace footage command is grayed out for this type of clips. you can unlink and relink to the new aegraphic file but it's very cumbersome. another way would be to select the label group of the Ae's motion graphic template and then you would have all of them selected (if you are lucky to make only one type over your sequence) why isn't there a feature to replace source with other source right in the bin? in Ae this would be very simple to drag a new source over and old one holding the Alt key - right in the project panel!

more problems are here: Workflow with Essential Graphics templates and sharing with customers

the search for motion graphics templates workflow continues...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2017 Oct 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.

This whole process is amazing, except for the fact that you cannot easily edit and replace these template files. It'd be ignorant to think that client's wont have changes, or designs won't need to be altered.
I'd love to make this the corner stone in our studio's workflow, but there just simply isn't a workflow.

**Progress

Updating a template that is already in use. From Ae, save your v02 of the mogrt and install it to the Essential Graphics Panel in premiere. Drop it into a timeline, so Pr will actually create a clip in the Project Bin, then delete it. NOW, by selecting the original clip in the "Motion Graphics Template Media" go ahead a make it Offline. You can then Relink the Media, to the new .aegraphic file that has been created.

Incredibly convoluted, but it has relinked all my titles to the updated version.

Please fix this adobe...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you filed feature or bug reports on this? This is exactly the  sort of information that the team has been on here asking for. They do want feedback on this ...

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

I think I'll even "ping" jstrawn​ on this ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Formal Feature Requests via the wishform are always welcome and useful. We are aware of the need to edit and replace Ae mogrts in Pr without having to re-apply them. We would like to address that need when we can, but all of these things must be designed, built and tested.

The Offline > Link Media media method you described may work for some things, but like you said, it is convoluted and more is needed. I like that you even thought to try that, though, and that it even sort of worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I realize it's 2.5 years later, but this comment really helped me figure out how to update an existing aegraphic file in an old project file given to me. So, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines