Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

More Flexible safe margins in Monitor Window

New Here ,
Dec 25, 2023 Dec 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

I need to know if is there any option (by setup or via API or development) to change the safe margins in the Monitor window by a overlay image or logo to ensure that the media that I am checking will not overlap with my logo channel branding (also  2 or 3 overlay squares will be valid for this check) I can change the safe margins in settings but only setting a percentage of the full image, not positioning the marging in a more flesible way..... I know I would do that in the timeline overlapping in a  track a TGA with alpha but I need to do it in the channel monitor because I have costomized Premiere for a easy use for a small number of operators that have no knowledge in the timeline. Only use PremierePro to monitor media in the monitor window.

Thanks.

TOPICS
How to , SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 27, 2023 Dec 27, 2023

The safe margins have a specific purpose which does not match the purpose you want to fulfill, which is some kind of composition assistance/verification overlay. So I would agree with the replies that say you probably want to create and save some kind of guide template, because safe margins are not the right solution for this problem. Safe margins are only about keeping all content a safe distance from from the overall frame edge, not about positioning or size of individual arbitrary elements wi

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 26, 2023 Dec 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read several times and still am totally confused. Where do you want Safe area opened to?

You have the 4:3 checked, which very much limits safe area in any 16:9 sequence, so unchecking that would open up some more room.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2023 Dec 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks but my question is whether I could have different and more flexible areas than the default squares. My idea is to have for example a square in the botton right corner and another one in the top right corner where I have the logos. I know I can modify 4:3 safe margin to have more room but is not valid for  what I want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 27, 2023 Dec 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A bit of masking tape on the monitor:-)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes... that's the cheaper solution! At the moment we have an Atem mixer only to overlay in the SDI signal the different  logos and check it in a secondary input of the monitor... but probably with a plugin or other solution in premiere I could save this infraestructure....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can always use the guides

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

…and save the guides as a preset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The safe margins have a specific purpose which does not match the purpose you want to fulfill, which is some kind of composition assistance/verification overlay. So I would agree with the replies that say you probably want to create and save some kind of guide template, because safe margins are not the right solution for this problem. Safe margins are only about keeping all content a safe distance from from the overall frame edge, not about positioning or size of individual arbitrary elements within the frame.

I’m not saying the problem is not a concern, it is. But trying to solve it through safe margins is not the best approach, given what safe margins are for. Creating guides and saving guide templates would be a much better way that already exists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks to all of you for the quick answers. The thing is that in the customisation I have, the operators only use the source monitor in which they can not use guides. I have a customization with a limited workspace where the operators only use SourceMonitor, a browser and a Markers Pannel to identify problems in the media. With a bit of training, this group of people could make use of the timeline and get much more out of Premiere, but that's not up to me, but probably I will  go that way in the end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines