• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Most of us here are pros

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most of us here are pros, we work against tight deadlines and chances are we won't be able to deliver on time and -most importantly won't be able to use the product we pay for-, only because we made the mistake to this update clueless of the fact that we would be missing our audio files. This is outrageous...

Moderator Warning: Please do not rant on these forums. It is against our community guidelines.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Most of us here are pros, we work against tight deadlines". If you were and would, you would never update the software in this process, would you? So it's you to blame not preparing, reading the release notes, etc. Take responsibility for your actions and never blame others for your faults. If you do, don't come here crying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would be more direct, but it's not worth it. I've been in the video editing game for 25 years and have watched it go from 1" editing, to AVID, to Premiere Pro. I promise you I have been through it all and this isn't the first Adobe issue and I know it won't be the last. Premiere Pro was always my favorite and by today's standard, it holds up to all pro editing out there. So, I guess I just feel passionate about wanting to use it. If you see that as crying when those of us with passion share our disappointment (which is part of what this is all about so mistakes can be corrected), then that's OK too. Maybe you are right and I should just put my big boy pants on. But yet, I am passionate about wanting to help Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In response to your feelings towards Adobe (which most of us share) I quoted this part from my useless chat (part of it mentioned in the above post) with Adobe's customer support rep.

Ashraf Aziz: Loyality nowadays is a foolish thing.

Aditya: I completely agree, People on the internet discuss & eventually start abusing everyone without knowing the actual thing, anyway, I understand your confusion, thanks, please share such a document with us via the email: dvasup@adobe.com

This Dolby audio issue is very disappointing, the negative position which Adobe takes in response to our concerns has to be ended.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ashraf, sorry for the trouble. It sounds like the Adobe rep said, "people feel it's Adobe who did this on purpose, but unfortunately people fail to understand it's all due to Dolby changes."

Haven't heard or seen anything about Minnetonka tools either.

But, did you try Handbrake, which is completely free?

You might also want to check this related thread and see if any of the solutions suggested there will work for you:

How to restore Dolby Digital audio encoder/decoder on Windows 7?

(read through the entire thread)

Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, Handbrake cannot handle audio only. Nor does it smart-render interlaced video. This means that everything - video and audio - must be muxed together and re-encoded and deinterlaced. This needlessly complicates my workflow, as I rely on separate video and audio streams, especially when it comes to disc authoring in Encore CS6, which strongly recommends separate video and audio files in order to work properly. And as I noted earlier, Encore cannot handle multichannel audio outside of already-encoded Dolby Digital 5.1 files (in other words, no 5.1 audio support, only AC3 5.1 passthru). Worst of all, Handbrake-rendered video files with audio muxed in will be flagged by Encore as non-compliant, forcing yet another transcode/re-encode (this means that 5.1 audio will get mixed back down to 2-channel stereo on the re-encode).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 12, 2017 Nov 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here .. am on a Windows 7 (LOVE windows 7, so stable don't want to upgrade to 10) and it doesn't work .. i have a job i need to finish this week, and i have no audio. WHAT THE ACTUAL HECK ADOBE this is disgraceful.

Someone earlier in this thread suggested it was 'your' fault for upgrading your 'production' machine.  I have news for you .. i am a freelance, that works at home with just ONE computer for editing, I am not a big company, with limited funds and this had really screwed me over. Suspect that many here are in the same position.

Absolute shame on you Adobe.

Am desperately trying to roll back to previous versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

also, to the person that rather patronisingly wrote "don't upgrade if you are in the middle of a big project" ... many of us are always in the middle of project.  my video jobs are continuous. they overlap each other. there is never a time when i think "great i've got a day off spare to upgrade and resolved any issues" because every day - EVERY DAY - i am always working.  not all of us have easy lives here to make ends meet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a very good point, Geoff, and sorry for your trouble.

The best thread offering the widest variety of possible solutions to get you going again is this one:

How to restore Dolby Digital audio encoder/decoder on Windows 7?

Suggest reading through the whole thing (multiple pages) to see what your options are.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks. tried this. stayed up 'til 2am trying this .. i managed to replace the .DAT and .DLL files from another installation .. ran up CC2017, if offered to install the codec, and i said OK and the DLL files gets put in the right place but yet .. still no audio.

utterly disgraceful Adobe.

the best thing i can do, is go to another machine where i can edit this project on.  but it now means is that:

• i now have a video camera which i can no longer use, because your software will not let me edit the files it produces
  • you are forcing me to upgrade to Window 10, which i do not want to do.

pathetic.

and you have wasted mine (and MANY others people's time) whilst still taking our subscription money and not offering any solutions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ha ha....

After hearing that it was a licensing thing with Dolby Sound... I get that.

What I don't get is not letting us know way before the update release.

Cry'in out loud, I get a news letter from Adobe.

Why don't they also offer pre-release info within that news letter.

What a brilliant idea! It's too bad they don't get that.

I am so glad that I don't install any new releases until I go to this forum and see what bugs pop up.

It has saved me lots of headaches now because I still have 2017 installed (with DD). I never installed 2018

And since I won't upgrade my PC with Win10 now, I basically don't get all the apps in the cloud anymore.

However, because the incompetency of the business.

I had decided that I will get all my 3rd party apps together and ditch these people.

I actually posted a list of all 3rd party software that can replace all Adobe products.

HA HA... they moved that post to the lounge.

UPDATE.... I have the free versions of HitFilm and Davinci installed and running. WORKS GREAT!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like many people, I have not upgraded yet due to the potential time it will cost me solving problems, which kinda defeats the object of this subscription lark. That said, not understanding how business works, especially Micro-SMEs, is not unique to Adobe. Too many software or IT companies get lost in launching their latest innovative developement. They totally overlook the basics, such as reliability across platforms and glibly tell customers they’ll have to reload OS systems. Even worse, they’ll launch an upgrade that specifically requires latest tech, then say its their customers fault they have the wrong hardware for the new upgrade... Sadly, if Adobe actually listened to their customers grievances about customer care and relations and showed some goodwill and thought to it’s client base, it would knock Avid and FCP into last month.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 19, 2017 Nov 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just looked at the two third-party solutions that Adobe suggested, and discovered that the added cost would have been high. Since CC 2018 (and CC 2014 or higher, for that matter) no longer incorporates support for the Minnetonka Surcode, the cost to purchase the encoder would now be $595 instead of $295 since the full version of the Surcode would now be required - and then, the Surcode now also requires the purchase of a special encrypted iLok USB key for $50 directly from iLok's Web site. (The $295 upgrade cost of the Surcode only applied to CS6 and earlier or the original CC release of Premiere/Media Encoder, which are now EOL and no longer further supported, which is why Adobe no longer issues any more coupon codes for the Surcode.)

As for the Dolby Media Producer Suite, it is OSX-only. Windows users cannot use it. Plus, it is also very expensive to purchase. And Dolby does not sell directly to end-users - only to authorized resellers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I would never change the software in the middle of a project, so now I am facing a choice about installing Win 10 (about $200) but may be a problem with legacy apps I need on Win 7 that depend on Active X. Maybe some have time to dig into footnotes, but many of us are told to keep current with software for security and other reasons, and that's the whole dang point of a subscription. There should have been a banner flash screen. Now, I'm working with support to figure out why reverting to 2017 is still causing audio issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is actually still possible to upgrade to Windows 10 for free. Anyone can still get a free upgrade until December 31, 2017 if you use assistive technologies (such as Cortana, or screen reader, or the Magnifier, etc). Whether you actually use or enable them is up to you. There isn't any checking done:

Windows 10 upgrade for assistive technology users, no cost until December 31, 2017

Here's how you can still get a free Windows 10 upgrade | ZDNet

After 12/31/2017, all users will have to pay for upgrades (normally $119 and up).

Keep in mind that even if you like Windows 7, it is an 8+ year old operating system with only ~2 years left of official support from Microsoft.

Also, if you upgrade "in place" from Windows 7 (or 8) to Windows 10, you can always reverse the upgrade and go back to Windows 7 within ten days, exactly where you were.

Finally, if you're concerned about telemetry (tracking) in Windows 10 (or in any version of Windows for that matter), there is an easy, small, and free fix:

Spybot Anti-Beacon for Windows​

Hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines